Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    this player is awesome...... i am going to buy one........
    This is by far the most well integrated player i have ever sampled on any platform ever. Audible, liver365, shoutcast, orb!!!, flickr, idisk, very impressive stuff here. Kinoma is definitely taking media players in the right direction, away from simple local storage playback to true multi content streaming integration (breaking the whole 'ipod' paradigm). It blurs the line between content on your home pc, web content and media stored on the local removable drive of your device.

Charles@kinoma i do have a few suggestions for the ui, any idea where i can send these to?

I highly recommend this browser to anyone who is looking for an all in one, comprehensive media browser/player.
    I just need it to support AVCRP controls with my stereo BT, and I might actually keep it. Whaddya say Kinoma...? (surely I'm not the only one who needs this)
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    This is by far the most well integrated player i have ever sampled on any platform ever.
    Thank you! It's very gratifying to hear you grok what we're trying to do.

It looks simple and is very easy to use (we hope!), but there are literally years of thought, design and technology behind making it feel that way.

For anybody not already subscribed to our blog, here are some videos that give you a taste of what you can do with Kinoma Play:

Charles@kinoma i do have a few suggestions for the ui, any idea where i can send these to?
    We love to get feedback, and you can email it to me at charles@ our domain.

Thanks again for the kind words,

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    I'm happy to say that Kinoma FreePlay isn't time-limited in any way. If you just need a great MP3 and YouTube player, FreePlay might be all you ever need.

The best reference for the differences between Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay is the FreePlay download page itself. (Just cancel the download if you already have it.)

http://staging.kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    the link asks for username and password...

of which one is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Disregard this. I read the email they sent me. Thanks again for letting me know. Upgrade price is 19.99 if you bought Kinoma 4.1 on Palm OS.
    how do we upgrade...

I bought the OS version before for 755p..

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Will do, you should also post on the orb community site, i know several folks who have been clamoring for a native orb client for windows mobile devices

Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    the link asks for username and password...

of which one is this?

try: http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/
    double post...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    how do we upgrade...

I bought the OS version before for 755p..
    http://kinoma.com/support/discount/
    The first 3 streaming audio sites I clicked on returned the message that I needed to purchase to stream wmv...but how do you know that's what you're trying to stream?
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Will do, you should also post on the orb community site, i know several folks who have been clamoring for a native orb client for windows mobile devices

try: http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

Thank you.
    Thank you! It's very gratifying to hear you grok what we're trying to do.

It looks simple and is very easy to use (we hope!), but there are literally years of thought, design and technology behind making it feel that way.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles,

Would you be able to help me?

I just upgraded to windows mobile version,
    an email was sent to me with the Purchase Key Number
    and when I click on the activation link,
    it asks for my username and password.

I don't remember the username and password anymore.

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance...
    Charles,

Would you be able to help me?

I just upgraded to windows mobile version,
    an email was sent to me with the Purchase Key Number
    and when I click on the activation link,
    it asks for my username and password.

I don't remember the username and password anymore.

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance...
    Disregard this..

Issue Resolved!
    overall I really like it so far (got through trialplay)..search feature for the guide is excellent, made it really easy to find my favorite radio stations and add them to my favorites!

some thoughts/suggestions for improvement:

1. font for most screens is too big for 240x240..ability to choose font size would be nice.

2. ability to select which folders are scanned for media

3. ability to remove items from my media files library.

4. ability to rename items in favorites like podcasts

5. X button doesn't exit app. needs an exit option

6. bookmarking support for podcasts

7. preamp/volume boost (also use system volume option)

8. have sections on the main screen for "podcasts", internet radio etc instead of all lumped into favorites or playlists I guess

9. AVCRP support

10. for internet radio, display current song info when streaming if available -- This does work, must have tested with stations that did not.

more to come..great first version though!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/27/2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I like the player so far but I have a few issues with my Treo 800w. After a soft reset I open kinoma as the first app besides what loads on the today screen. Then I do the following:

1. Wait for the scan to complete.
    2. Click Services
    3. Audible
    4. My Books (login already set)
    5. Black Friday by James Patterson... (says loading) after sometime the screen saver appeared.
    6. I tap the RED button to bring the screen back (Sprint Goodbye message appears and phone radio goes off and the screen returns to kinoma).
    7. The screensaver appears for 1 seconds
    8. The screen reappears for 10 seconds
    9. The screensaver appears for 1 seconds
    10. The screen reappears for 10 seconds
    11. The screensaver appears for 10 seconds
    and so on all while the Black Friday book pretends to download now while the phone is actually off.
    12. After sometime I cancel the download.
    13. No the screen saver appears backlit then not backlit then back to the screen. What is going on here? It won't quit flipping from screen to screensaver and back.
    14. I hold the ok button and the task manager appears
    15. The screen is on the task manager for 10 seconds then screen saver for 3 seconds.

Task manager has Kinoma Player, ActiveSync and Task Manager open.
    Now the keyboard lights are rotating also.

16. I end task on Kinoma Player and the phone is now stuck in that loop.

Anybody else having this or similar problem with Kinoma Player?

I resolved the issue by changing my settings to Backlight off in 1 minute and and Power off in 2 minutes. Both were set to 1 minute previously and that may have been the issue.
    Last edited by mabmarc; 08/26/2008 at 04:03 PM.
    Charles@Kinoma, ditto pretty much everything Scottymomo said, especially the AVCRP, selective scan and favorite rename.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
    and also, for us Orb users: we need the ability to shuffle play list and the ability to list more than 20 tracks at a time. Not much point if you can access a library of 5k plus tracks but only 20 at a time.
    Little issue, I was not able to switch from internal Treo audio to Bluetooth Stereo without going to task manager and ending the Kinoma task first.
    So, I am a ***** when it comes to streaming internet radio on my phone. I want to listen to a couple sports stations, but I have no clue with the URL of the stream is. I tried one that ended in a .asfx but Kimona said unsupported MIME or something. Does that mean it just wont work on my phone?
    got this one..... very cool player.....
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast