Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    OK, I did it and even installed to my storage card instead of main memory, to ensure I was not putting anything where it used to be.
    ...And it is working well installed to your storage card? I have wanted to do this to save on device resources but figured something this "big" would falter running from SD.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    ...And it is working well installed to your storage card? I have wanted to do this to save on device resources but figured something this "big" would falter running from SD.
    It's always performed the same for me whether on the SD card or main memory.

I only installed it on main memory earlier, because in my compatibility testing it was the first application I installed (so there was nothing really but open space to use), given I strongly desire to keep it over anything that does not play nice with it .
    OK, I did it and even installed to my storage card instead of main memory, to ensure I was not putting anything where it used to be. And now things are 100% great.
    Cool! I wish we knew what the underlying cause was, but I'm glad it's working normally for you now.

Is there some way to export Kinoma Play settings, for caess where I want to totally uninstall it or perhaps start using my device from a hard reset and want to have all my old Kinoma settings?
    I'm afraid there's not. It wouldn't save you much more than a minute or two (if you ever need to do a "new" install) right now, but if we add more services I can see where this would become more useful.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    is there anyway to buy or add books to my audible account from kinoma ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post

I'm afraid there's not. It wouldn't save you much more than a minute or two (if you ever need to do a "new" install) right now, but if we add more services I can see where this would become more useful.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    OK.

I did try playing with some files once, to try and restore some things I had and it didn't all come back as I hoped .

Personally, I really ware out use of the "Playlist" feature. I make Playlists for everything. I've got all my kids stuff in a Playlist, then my stuff in many other playlists. So whenever I do one of my "from scratch" setups I end up having to remake those again. Yea it takes more than a few minutes. I usually just work on it periodically over a course of days, a few minutes at a time, till I get things like I enjoy having it.

But since I've been able to better weed out conflicting software it's all been a more pleasant experience. For me, the conflicting software was really causing major headaches. So starting again from scratch has been way more benefit than a problem.
    How do you install it????
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    How do you install it????
    The Update????
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    is there anyway to buy or add books to my audible account from kinoma ?
    No, you can't currently buy new Audible audiobooks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Personally, I really ware out use of the "Playlist" feature. I make Playlists for everything. I've got all my kids stuff in a Playlist, then my stuff in many other playlists. So whenever I do one of my "from scratch" setups I end up having to remake those again.
    Ah, I get it now. That's helpful, thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    The Update????
    I know that but once I download the update you can't copy it to the phone and it won't intstall either.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I guess there is technically not a need for downloading podcasts since you can stream them via a URL or using Orb; however, I would like to have them local. Are there any plans to add an automatic scheduled podcast downloading feature? I can use BeyondPod for this, but I really like Kinoma Play overall. I'd rather not have to leave both apps running.

Thanks! Great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    No, you can't currently buy new Audible audiobooks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I have found that the AudibleAir program works fine on the 800w even though AudiblePlayer does not. AudibleAir allows you to download books from your Audible library over the air.

One feature I would like to see in Kinoma Play is the ability to bookmark your place in your audiobook.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One feature I would like to see in Kinoma Play is the ability to bookmark your place in your audiobook.
    If you select the audiobook from your "History" listing, does it not go back to the point you were at in the audiobook?

I know with music tracks it does. But with music tracks it does no matter how you open the same track again.
    If you select the audiobook from your "History" listing, does it not go back to the point you were at in the audiobook?

I know with music tracks it does. But with music tracks it does no matter how you open the same track again.
    It does ... sort of. When you re-open the book through My Media Files or History it will sometimes open at the right place. For some reason after a certain amount of other use, full exits, soft resets it no longer opens to the correct place. Sometimes it will open at the beginning sometimes it will open at another place you left off during a previous session. The same thing would happen using Audibles software on other devices. Thats why it was so important to always make a bookmark before you closed the book.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    It does ... sort of. When you re-open the book through My Media Files or History it will sometimes open at the right place. For some reason after a certain amount of other use, full exits, soft resets it no longer opens to the correct place.
    That seems to happen with music files also. Perhaps once something gets far enough in history it resets to the start. Which is OK with music, but not so much for an audiobook.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I have tried to run through the thread but didn't find anything.

I am running this program on my Treo 800w, currently running v5.0.67.

For some reason, when I have Kinoma Play running in the background, my Treo stops receiving SMS messages. It is weird, because as soon as I force Kinoma closed, i'll get them all. And it is strange, because when I first open Kinoma, I am still able to get SMS messages. It is just after a period of time it breaks.

It is almost as if the phone is running low on RAM and kills the SMS program. I am not sure.

For the record, I am not running any SMS hacks. It is the stock 800w Palm SMS application.

I can say I have seen this problem in all revisions that I've used to date.

Any ideas?

Zimmy6996
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post

It is almost as if the phone is running low on RAM and kills the SMS program. I am not sure.
    I suspect that is what is happening. Perhaps your device is running low on resources and that is happening. What other programs do you have running? Hold the "OK" button and when task manager comes up, close whatever you're not using.

Are you using any stereo BT listening devices when the music is playing?

Also, try a soft reset, then start Kinoma and let it play a while, to see if you get SMS messages after some time.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Kinoma is now locking up everytime I start the darn thing. Just started doing it this morning.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Uninstalled, reinstalled, and now it won't even load. Just sits there spinning the Wheel of Fortune.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Looks as if a Hard Reset is in store for me.