Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 416
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    i can't reproduce this "bug" but i have noticed issues with the player freezing and having to soft reset.

    sometimes, when i accidentally hit next track and quickly try to go back, the program freezes. i try to end task and the task stays but the program is closed.

    i dont know if anyone else noticed this or if there is a way to determine what's going on.
    Yep, I get it to.
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    sometimes, when i accidentally hit next track and quickly try to go back, the program freezes.
    nsmoller, darnell and NRG: Today I tried this around a hundred times without problems, and it doesn't appear that anybody's reported this to our support folks yet.

    If you contact support with enough detail to help them reproduce this, the odds are very good that this can be addressed quickly. (Thanks!)

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I have noticed that bug in Kinoma Play too. I just move back and forth between tracks slowly to prevent that.
    I have the same issue. Have to make sure I slowly skip between tracks.
  4. #344  
    Well someone can contact Kinoma support (I'm continuing with my compatibility testing).

    If I'm on a given CD track and flick on the screen twice quickly to go forward and then flick backwards quickly, doing that sequence (or similar) before the screen changes to another track, the thing locks.
  5. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #345  
    Mine does exactly the same thing. Already reported to Kinoma CS.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Mine does exactly the same thing. Already reported to Kinoma CS.
    Great! Many thanks, ehehat. (I tried more permutations with my Q9c and they worked normally, so I'm guessing this is device-specific.)

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  7. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #347  
    Strangely enough I got a reply email from CS and they say they cant get their 800w to duplicate the "bug" (for lack of another word. lets PLEASE not get into an agrument about what is and is not a "bug" ). They asked what file types, how they are obtained, etc.. I will continue to work with them.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  8. #348  
    mine are cd ripped mp3s with full tag's built using WMP 11, just info to help your conversations with them.
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    mine are cd ripped mp3s with full tag's built using WMP 11, just info to help your conversations with them.
    So are mine.

    And I can trigger the bug even when using the 5 way nav tool.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So are mine.

    And I can trigger the bug even when using the 5 way nav tool.
    Mine is a mixture of both DLed and Ripped. I can also initiate it like clock work using the Nav.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Strangely enough I got a reply email from CS and they say they cant get their 800w to duplicate the "bug" (for lack of another word. lets PLEASE not get into an agrument about what is and is not a "bug" ). They asked what file types, how they are obtained, etc.. I will continue to work with them.
    Thanks for the update.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #352  
    Mine is locking up Quite a bit.

    I have a 16GB card.
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #353  
    An Update has been issued, giving it a try now.
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #354  
    Still locking up.

    Note: Did a Soft Reset, and it seems to be stable. I am still trying to get it to lock, and it hasn't yet. Will keep trying.
    Last edited by NRG; 11/15/2008 at 05:21 PM.
  15. #355  
    kinoma seems to stop playing when I turn the screen off on my PRO. What do I need to do?
  16. #356  
    sweet that fixed it.
  17. #357  
    I'm using v5.0.67 of Kinoma Play now (the latest) and while playing a track from a CD (MP3) I performed the following sequence on the directional pad very quickly, forward, forward, back back. And as before this version, Kinoma Play immediately locked up. I am glad the update makes use of a more reliable Shoutcast directory server, but the lockup issue that occurs when trying to switch tracks quickly is one I'm still having.

    Hope the next update allows for BT remote control, AVRCP.

    I recall someone mentioned that they wanted Kinoma Play to always open at the last station or thing they were using it for, as Pocket Tunes does. I've found that can be achieved (sort of) in Kinoma Play, by simply going to the History and selecting the last thing once you open Kinoma Play. Sure it's a small additional step, but it does get you right back where you were. I actually like that Kinoma Play does not open on the last thing I did, that used to really annoy me about Pocket Tunes. But the History option allows me to go back to the last thing I was listening to if I want.
  18. #358  
    Darnell,

    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I'm using v5.0.67 of Kinoma Play now (the latest) and while playing a track from a CD (MP3) I performed the following sequence on the directional pad very quickly, forward, forward, back back. And as before this version, Kinoma Play immediately locked up.
    Did you see NRG's post? "Note: Did a Soft Reset, and it seems to be stable. I am still trying to get it to lock, and it hasn't yet. Will keep trying."

    Can you try a soft reset and see if that fixes the issue for you, too?

    Our support folks tried every conceivable forward/back permutation hundreds of times, and so far we haven't been able to reproduce this ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I recall someone mentioned that they wanted Kinoma Play to always open at the last station or thing they were using it for, as Pocket Tunes does. I've found that can be achieved (sort of) in Kinoma Play, by simply going to the History and selecting the last thing once you open Kinoma Play.
    Thanks for the tip! That would be a useful blog post, too.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Can you try a soft reset and see if that fixes the issue for you, too?
    Yea I've done several soft resets before trying that test. I noticed NRG's comments before installing and did a soft reset immediately after upgrading. I'm going to fully uninstall Kinoma, soft reset, reinstall Kinoma, soft reset and see what happens. Perhaps the upgrade process that uninstalls the prior version left something behind.

    Is there some way to export Kinoma Play settings, for caess where I want to totally uninstall it or perhaps start using my device from a hard reset and want to have all my old Kinoma settings?
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    ...

    I'm going to fully uninstall Kinoma, soft reset, reinstall Kinoma, soft reset and see what happens. Perhaps the upgrade process that uninstalls the prior version left something behind.
    OK, I did it and even installed to my storage card instead of main memory, to ensure I was not putting anything where it used to be. And now things are 100% great. I try my forward, forward, back back and it pauses for a moment (I guess it's wondering why I'd do something so silly) and then it gets back to playing a track.

    I'm just going to chalk this up to Windows Mobile, because I can't recall having to do this sort of thing for software to work as it should on Palm OS. But I do have to do these various odd things on PCs and Windows Servers at times. So I'll lay the blame on the big hairy MS gorilla . (In fact, I'm having some headaches right now with a Windows cluster, that I've got to go play with.)


    But Charles, if you have an answer for this question that would be great:
    Is there some way to export Kinoma Play settings, for caess where I want to totally uninstall it or perhaps start using my device from a hard reset and want to have all my old Kinoma settings?
    I know when I uninstalled, some files were left behind that appear to have saved my settings, but I'd like to hear from you to be sure in case I ever need to recover after a hard reset. (And don't wish to restore a full backup for whatever reason.)

Posting Permissions