Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Kinoma Play is hanging when scanning my files. It is hanging on the AudiblePlayer folder. Is there a reason for this?
    Nope. In fact, we worked closely with Audible to build a great Audible player built right into Kinoma Play.

Just contact support, and they'll be happy to help.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    um....no, sorry

I hope you figure it out. How about (as others have suggested about other issues) a hard reset and start over to resolve any conflicts ?
    Well something (I think I might know which application, but I'm not saying yet) really hosed my device. So I ended up doing an RTN reset and I'm slowly adding applications again. So far all I've got installed is Kinoma Play .

And hey, it works great with my Moto T505 now .

If I figure out the offending application (and I may in the not too distant future) I'll report back.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well something (I think I might know which application, but I'm not saying yet) really hosed my device. So I ended up doing an RTN reset and I'm slowly adding applications again. So far all I've got installed is Kinoma Play .

And hey, it works great with my Moto T505 now .

If I figure out the offending application (and I may in the not too distant future) I'll report back.
    Great news. glad to hear it!

Hey Charles, how about adding gapless functions or add something to shorten the time between songs. several songs will "bleed" into the next (Pink Floyd, for instance, is famous for this) but with KP there is an aggravating gap between every song.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I would also like to see a push left on the 5-way goes back, and a push to the right is select(when in menus)/
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Nope. In fact, we worked closely with Audible to build a great Audible player built right into Kinoma Play.

Just contact support, and they'll be happy to help.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Deinstalled it and reinstalled, and that fixed it.
    OK, here's my list so far of things I've found cause issues. Some cause issues when using Kinoma Play, but others cause issues overall with my Treo 800w.

• Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5: Causes overall device sluggishness
    • Schapp's Advanced Config v3.2: Causes the device to lock up and requires pulling the battery to soft reboot
    • Secret! v2.1 by LinkeSOFT: (After being synced with Secret Desktop.) Causes Kinoma Play to lock up and causes phone issues after making calls (with BT stereo device) if Kinoma Play is running.

If I run into more I'll mention them. These are just my personal experiences.
    Last edited by darnell; 11/04/2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Headset control would be a nice feature. Especially after using the iPhone/iPod touch. Ptunes and Kinoma are missing this
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Tried to add another URL. this time i get a "not found" error while it is playing away on my desktop. can this be added to KP or could someone verify whether or not I'm doing something wrong (again)? i opened the player and checked "properties" and this is exactly what is listed:

http://www.1260.am/programming/listen/stream.asx
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    OK, here's my list so far of things I've found cause issues. Some cause issues when using Kinoma Play, but others cause issues overall with my Treo 800w.

• Schapp's Advanced Config v3.2: Causes the device to lock up and requires pulling the battery to soft reboot
    • Secret! v2.1 by LinkeSOFT: (After being synced with Secret Desktop.) Causes Kinoma Play to lock up and causes phone issues after making calls (with BT stereo device) if Kinoma Play is running.

If I run into more I'll mention them. These are just my personal experiences.
    Hey, those programs don't work on mine either. They work great on Mal's device though, weird.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Tried to add another URL. this time i get a "not found" error....
    I recommend that Kinoma customers contact Kinoma support with any problems they see. That's how issues get tested and tracked.

(I sent a heads-up to support, but that less than optimal since they won't be able to ask followup questions, confirm whether they're able to reproduce the issue, etc.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Headset control would be a nice feature. Especially after using the iPhone/iPod touch. Ptunes and Kinoma are missing this
    Guess it depends on how you define 'headset control' - pTunes <does> support stereo bluetooth headset controls, which I really like and need. I know you're probably talking about mashing a button on a wired headset (like the iPhone does), but man - once you go full wireless for calls AND music, all in one, with a great stereo BT unit like the one I have (Sony Ericsson HBH-DS980) you just can't go back to wired. pTunes has full support for pause/stop/next/etc. So awesome.

We just need Kinoma Play to support stereo BT control and we'd all be happy. ok some of us.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    e just need Kinoma Play to support stereo BT control and we'd all be happy. ok some of us.
    Support for AVRCP is definitely on our customer wishlist.

-- Charles Wiltgen
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Support for AVRCP is definitely on our customer wishlist.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    How bout the 5-way to go back and forth through the menus?
    Is it possible to record streamed music with Kinoma, if not, is this a feature Kinoma might be working on?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Is it possible to record streamed music with Kinoma, if not, is this a feature Kinoma might be working on?
    No, but that's an interesting request. You can Download "downloadable" content items, though.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, I don't know if you knew, but one of your competitors does allow for actual recording of streaming content right onto the Treo 800w. (Initials RR.) It even does scheduled recordings.

So if I want to record a program, that comes on when I'm in a meeting, I can record it onto the 800w and then listen to it once the meeting is over.

Hope that's a compelling enough reason to consider the feature .

Honestly for me, it's not a big deal, I more often use Replay Radio and listen on my desktop (transferring recordings to the Treo if needed), but obviously it's more of a concern for Makad.

#1 think I think Kinoma Play needs at the moment, is to have the Exit option all over the application .
    Of course I'm only speaking for my own device.

For the past couple days I've been testing using Kinoma Play with the WM6 A2DP settings hack. I know many use this hack with no issues. But I've found using it with Kinoma Play and my Moto T505 has caused issues when calls are taken or sent while music is playing and I've had one case where the device went dead. Using the Treo 800w for days after an RTN Reset, few applications and no A2DP hack things never had any issues, but I'm going to have to remove the A2DP hack. And I must say, it really does improve sound quality, it's great Hannip took his own personal time to develop that hack for all who can make good use of it. So it's sad having to remove it. (RTN Reset, restoring backup made before installing MortScript and the A2DP hack.)

I got in touch with Kinoma Play support, I wanted to see if they could repeat the problem. But of course since its a hack, they're not going to touch it. They basically said they don't support anything beyond the native sound settings of the device and feel the WM6 A2DP settings might have been "hidden" for a reason, like maybe it was discovered some of them cause conflicts.

Of course, I'm only speaking of my own personal circumstances, for the benefit of anyone who just might happen to fall into my category.

So now my list of software that has caused issues is as follows:

• WM6 A2DP settings hack: Causes issues after calls if music was playing and sometimes the device goes dead.
    i can't reproduce this "bug" but i have noticed issues with the player freezing and having to soft reset.

sometimes, when i accidentally hit next track and quickly try to go back, the program freezes. i try to end task and the task stays but the program is closed.

i dont know if anyone else noticed this or if there is a way to determine what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    sometimes, when i accidentally hit next track and quickly try to go back, the program freezes. i try to end task and the task stays but the program is closed.

i dont know if anyone else noticed this or if there is a way to determine what's going on.
    I have noticed that bug in Kinoma Play too. I just move back and forth between tracks slowly to prevent that.