Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Yes, with my t505. Both making calls and receiving calls-After the call is ended there will be silence for 3-5 seconds and the volume will come back up. I can even use VC (although the initial alert is silent and I have to look at my phone for the microphone icon to know when to speak). Wish i could tell you what I am doing differently. I am seeing the stereo BT icon in my task bar using v. 5.0.65.
    Well this is getting interesting .

So do you normally have the volume in Kinoma Play and on you Treo 800w at max? I usually do. Just wondering if your settings might be different, to see if we've got anything configured differently.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Yes, both phone volume and Kinoma Play volume cranked (you know what they say; "If it's too loud...")

I will be leaving work in the next hour. I'll try to make and receive a couple test calls with my eyes on my phone (not while driving, of course)to see if it's doing anything that might give a clue why it's working and yours is not.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    And when your Moto T505 is on with your Treo 800w, you don't have any other BT devices running with your Treo? I now usually turn off my Moto 680 headset when I've got the Moto T505 running.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And when your Moto T505 is on with your Treo 800w, you don't have any other BT devices running with your Treo? I now usually turn off my Moto 680 headset when I've got the Moto T505 running.
    That also is correct. I tried using my Jawbone2 along side the t505 but found it not worth the hassle. The Jawbone now sits at home while I decide whether or not to give it to the Mrs...(along with the ipod I no longer need)
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well, i made several calls on my way home from work and didnt notice anything happening as far as notifications. i was expecting Kinoma to come back to the "front" as a visual verification that the audio was coming up but it never happened. I'm afraid There was no help. have you tried reinstalling?
    Well, i made several calls on my way home from work and didnt notice anything happening as far as notifications. i was expecting Kinoma to come back to the "front" as a visual verification that the audio was coming up but it never happened. I'm afraid There was no help. have you tried reinstalling?
    If you change windows it's not going to come to the front on its own. You'd have to select it again from task manager or select it to open again in Programs, to switch back to it yourself. The audio should always come back though, since its still running.

I'll try a reinstall and report back. Good suggestion.
    Well I did a reinstall. A couple or a few times. And since the first reinstall, the same thing happens now.

If I take an incoming call with Kinoma playing music via the Moto T505, ending the call the sound from Kinoma comes back fine.

If I make an outgoing call with Kinoma playing music via the Moto T505, ending the call the Treo 800w totally locks up (device totally frozen) until I shut down the Moto T505 and then Kinoma plays the music fine. Then I can restart the Moto T505 and things work as they should.

Making an outgoing call with the Moto T505 and Kinoma NOT running, everything works fine even after ending the call.

ehehat - In that last scenario you described having, did your device lock up or did the audio come back and you just could not see Kinoma?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    darnell- let me verify that. most of the outgoing calls were made by VC. I CAN say outgoing calls did not lock the device using VC. I will get back after a test or two.
    I never, ever, never use voice command .
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Made 4 calls this morning directly from the phone (bypassing VC) while streaming music with Kinoma Play. 2 were ended via the 800w and 2 by hitting the phone button on the t505. In all 4 instances the music came right back
    Made 4 calls this morning directly from the phone (bypassing VC) while streaming music with Kinoma Play. 2 were ended via the 800w and 2 by hitting the phone button on the t505. In all 4 instances the music came right back
    Wanna trade ?

I suspect then I must have something unknown in my configuration that is causing conflicts.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Wanna trade ?
    um....no, sorry

I hope you figure it out. How about (as others have suggested about other issues) a hard reset and start over to resolve any conflicts ?
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get Album Art to sync over via WMP11. Have you folks got any idea how to do this?
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Charles, one request as well. When navigating the the files and menus, make left on the D-Pad back, and right on the D-Pad select, much like the way Resco Explorer works when navigating.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I can't seem to get Album Art to sync over via WMP11. Have you folks got any idea how to do this?
    That is probably because you dont have the art actually embeded in the file tags. iTunes and WMP dont actually add the art to the media files and use a work around to display the art. I use a program called tag tuner to correctly add the art to my mp3 file tags.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    That is probably because you dont have the art actually embeded in the file tags. iTunes and WMP dont actually add the art to the media files and use a work around to display the art. I use a program called tag tuner to correctly add the art to my mp3 file tags.
    Well, I would have figured WMP11, when syncing, would automatically send it over. Am I wrong in this assumption?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Well, I would have figured WMP11, when syncing, would automatically send it over. Am I wrong in this assumption?
    If the art in not properly added to the file then your assumption is wrong. On the computer when you click on properties of the mp3 file and cant see the album art then the art is not properly added to the file.

To the best of my knowledge amazon.com is the only company that sells properly tagged un protected, high bit rate mp3 files. iTunes is the worst place to buy music IMO.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    If the art in not properly added to the file then your assumption is wrong. On the computer when you click on properties of the mp3 file and cant see the album art then the art is not properly added to the file.

To the best of my knowledge amazon.com is the only company that sells properly tagged un protected, high bit rate mp3 files. iTunes is the worst place to buy music IMO.
    Napster sells high bit rate mp3 files.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Kinoma Play is hanging when scanning my files. It is hanging on the AudiblePlayer folder. Is there a reason for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Napster sells high bit rate mp3 files.
    Don't forget Wal-Mart.

This would make a great blog post. Tomorrow I'll post an article listing all companies you can buy DRM-free music from.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks