Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I only remember it because it was a direct answer to my "whining" about the issues I had with the program. I guess whining pays off, though. No more annoying scan!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I only remember it because it was a direct answer to my "whining" about the issues I had with the program. I guess whining pays off, though. No more annoying scan!
    We do appreciate feature requests, but you don't need to whine.

What does help? Well, it's really great when people complement their feature requests with one or two real-world scenarios that help reinforce why the feature request would be A Good Thing.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post

What does help? Well, it's really great when people complement their feature requests with one or two real-world scenarios that help reinforce why the feature request would be A Good Thing.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    OK, here's a real world scenario for AVRCP. (This assumes you have a little familiarity with the Moto T505 being used with the Treo 800w in a car.) I'm in my car, with my Treo 800w and Moto T505 listening to a CD off the storage card. I want to advance past a certain song that comes up, just because I don't like the way the wind is blowing that particular day. The Treo 800w controls are a little small. The feature in Kinoma to "swipe the screen" to advance to the next track is neat, but I don't care to touch my screen when avoidable (touching the screen with my finger makes smudges and I don't want a screen protector and obviously whipping out the stylus while driving is not an option), plus I prefer using hard keys in the car. Hard keys are easier for me to use by feel and keep my eyes on the road. (This is a big reason why I very much prefer the Treo 800w design over the Treo Pro.) My Moto T505 has VERY BIG buttons on each side of it for changing tracks. So when I want to go to the next track, I would prefer to hit those very large Moto T505 buttons, instead of trying to hit the smaller Treo hard keys or touch the screen. The easiest way for me to advance tracks without looking at anything other than the road is to reach just over my head and click the T505 buttons.

I do have my Treo 800w in a ProClip and so it's very near me to press its buttons, but I still must take my eye off the road to look when using the Treo 800w keys to advance tracks. Even if I swiped the screen I'd need to look so I know where I'm swiping my finger.
    bike riding, treo in pouch under the seat
    I've found a bug in Kinoma Play, that is nothing less than annoying. It's a bug I can repeat and a bug that does not exists in other media players I've used on my Treo 800w.

Here's the scenario I've had occur and been able to repeat:
    Using the Treo 800w, with audio going over BT to the Moto T505, with Kinoma Play playing any form of media. Make an outgoing call or accept an incoming call. The audio on Kinoma Play goes mute, which is expected and the call audio takes over. After the call, Kinoma Play audio never comes back. I have to manually increase the volume in Kinoma Play to get audio again. So with every call, I've got to think about entering Kinoma Play and increasing volume afterward. The first time this occurred, it was a MAJOR PAIN, because I didn't know why Kinoma audio was not working after the call. I came close to an uninstall or Kinoma Play or hard reset to try and get volume again, because a soft reset didn't help. I just happened to hit volume once while trying to get it working again and then I was able to figure it all out.

As I mentioned, this does not occur with any other media player I use. All others pick up volume again right where it was before, once the call is ended when using a BT stereo device like the Moto T505.

(This bug does not occur when a call is going to a BT headset, but when using a BT stereo device that also handles calls, such as the Moto T505. So I suspect it occurs with other BT stereo devices that can manage calls.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I've found a bug in Kinoma Play, that is nothing less than annoying. It's a bug I can repeat and a bug that does not exists in other media players I've used on my Treo 800w.

Here's the scenario I've had occur and been able to repeat:
    Using the Treo 800w, with audio going over BT to the Moto T505, with Kinoma Play playing any form of media. Make an outgoing call or accept an incoming call. The audio on Kinoma Play goes mute, which is expected and the call audio takes over. After the call, Kinoma Play audio never comes back. I have to manually increase the volume in Kinoma Play to get audio again. So with every call, I've got to think about entering Kinoma Play and increasing volume afterward. The first time this occurred, it was a MAJOR PAIN, because I didn't know why Kinoma audio was not working after the call. I came close to an uninstall or Kinoma Play or hard reset to try and get volume again, because a soft reset didn't help. I just happened to hit volume once while trying to get it working again and then I was able to figure it all out.

As I mentioned, this does not occur with any other media player I use. All others pick up volume again right where it was before, once the call is ended when using a BT stereo device like the Moto T505.

(This bug does not occur when a call is going to a BT headset, but when using a BT stereo device that also handles calls, such as the Moto T505. So I suspect it occurs with other BT stereo devices that can manage calls.)
    I almost never use Kinoma, simply for that reason - when I get a call on my Jabra BT8010, the media never comes back on.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i have tried connecting to a few (3-4) internet streams and get the same error every time "unsupported mime". what does this mean?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    BTW, today we updated both Kinoma Play and FreePlay, and they no longer do that "annoying" card check on startup.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/10/anoth...now-available/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Looks like FreePlay also no longer plays AAC files ... the earlier version was playing them fine. Now it says "Buy Kinoma Play to play media that uses AAC Audio." Was that an intentional feature of the "upgrade?" Any way to go back to the earlier version that would actually play my music?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Charles,

I am looking for a talk station that is part of a nationwide network. The station is KCIV 99.9 in California's central valley. The network is called Bott Radio Network (website found here). When I try to use the "Open URL" command I get the "Unsuppoertrd MIME" error. Can this sation/network be added to Kinoma Guide? Is this how you want these requests made or should we PM/Email you directly?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rackbreaker View Post
    Looks like FreePlay also no longer plays AAC files ... the earlier version was playing them fine. Now it says "Buy Kinoma Play to play media that uses AAC Audio." Was that an intentional feature of the "upgrade?" Any way to go back to the earlier version that would actually play my music?
    I think Charles mentioned once that the file type restrictions in Kinoma Freeplay depend on licensing fees. Which is why they are only available in the pay version, Kinoma Play.

Charles,

I am looking for a talk station that is part of a nationwide network. The station is KCIV 99.9 in California's central valley. The network is called Bott Radio Network (website found here). When I try to use the "Open URL" command I get the "Unsuppoertrd MIME" error. Can this sation/network be added to Kinoma Guide? Is this how you want these requests made or should we PM/Email you directly?

Thanks!
    I've entered their streaming URL into Kinoma Play and it's playing for me right now. I've got Dr. Ravi Zacharias going right now and was able to save the URL as a Favorite.

Ehehat, are you using Kinoma Freeplay? Because it is a Windows audio stream, so I don't think the free version can play it for you.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I've entered their streaming URL into Kinoma Play and it's playing for me right now. I've got Dr. Ravi Zacharias going right now and was able to save the URL as a Favorite.

Ehehat, are you using Kinoma Freeplay? Because it is a Windows audio stream, so I don't think the free version can play it for you.
    You, my friend, are a genius! I obviously had the wrong address. I tried the website address (nothing) and I tried getting the streaming URL and couldnt find it. Got it from your post and it is working like a charm...THANK YOU!! (Kinoma owes you royalties!)
    OK, here's a real world scenario for AVRCP.
    Thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by rackbreaker View Post
    Looks like FreePlay also no longer plays AAC files ...
    Our free products -- Kinoma FreePlay and Kinoma Player 4 -- both include a 15-day trial of AAC.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Darnell,

Using the Treo 800w, with audio going over BT to the Moto T505, with Kinoma Play playing any form of media. Make an outgoing call or accept an incoming call. The audio on Kinoma Play goes mute, which is expected and the call audio takes over. After the call, Kinoma Play audio never comes back.
    I just tried this with with my Motorola Q 9c and a Jabra BT700, and it worked fine.

Have you tried this with the most recent release? If so, please contact support and let them know so it can be properly tested and tracked. (Note whether you get different results when terminating the call with your phone vs. terminating with the Bluetooth speakerphone, etc.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Darnell,

I just tried this with with my Motorola Q 9c and a Jabra BT700, and it worked fine.

Have you tried this with the most recent release? If so, please contact support and let them know so it can be properly tested and tracked. (Note whether you get different results when terminating the call with your phone vs. terminating with the Bluetooth speakerphone, etc.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Hi Charles, What is a Jabra BT700? I see no mention of it on Jabra's site and is it a stereo BT device? The key being this only occurs using BT stereo devices. I don't have this issue when using an ordinary BT headset.

When your BT device is connected, you should see the BT Stereo icon in the title bar of your Today screen, if you're using a BT stereo device. The icon is a set of headphones with a music note in between them.

I have the latest release and use the Treo to hang up calls. I will contact your support folks.
    What is a Jabra BT700? I see no mention of it on Jabra's site and is it a stereo BT device?
    Sorry, it's a Jabra SP700. I believe it's a mono device, but the key is that is supports A2DP like the T505. In theory, Kinoma Play should work the same with any devices that supports A2DP (headsets, speakerphones, portable stereos, etc.) In practice, it's possible that the T505 behaves differently from the SP700 and the other A2DP devices we've tested with.

I will contact your support folks.
    Great, that'll make sure this gets properly tested and tracked.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I gotta say my audio comes right back after about a 3 second delay.
    Sorry, it's a Jabra SP700. I believe it's a mono device, but the key is that is supports A2DP like the T505. In theory, Kinoma Play should work the same with any devices that supports A2DP (headsets, speakerphones, portable stereos, etc.) In practice, it's possible that the T505 behaves differently from the SP700 and the other A2DP devices we've tested with.
    Keep in mind, someone else with a Jabra BT stereo device is having the same issue.

So you're saying when you turn on your Jabra SP700, that the icon with headphones and a music tone in the middle does not appear on your WM 6.1 handset?

I gotta say my audio comes right back after about a 3 second delay.
    On your Moto T505?
    Just be sure we're all on the same page, I've attached a graphic of the BT Stereo icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Yes, with my t505. Both making calls and receiving calls-After the call is ended there will be silence for 3-5 seconds and the volume will come back up. I can even use VC (although the initial alert is silent and I have to look at my phone for the microphone icon to know when to speak). Wish i could tell you what I am doing differently. I am seeing the stereo BT icon in my task bar using v. 5.0.65.