Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    For better or worse, we don't talk about what we might do in the future. But we listen carefully, and Sirius/XM support is something we've had a few requests for.

(Just curious...does http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/ work on your device?)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Actually www.xstreamxm.com/mobile no longer works on any device. It appears XM has shut it down as of a couple of weeks ago. Now the only way to stream XM is through Select Radio, which otherwise is a pretty crappy application.

It would be great if Kinoma Play could support XM and Sirius. Consider this another request.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Haven't read the kinoma guide, but I was able to set up favorite TV and Radio Stations...

Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Haven't read the kinoma guide, but I was able to set up favorite TV and Radio Stations...

Thumbs Up!
    What do u mean setup favorite Tv?
    The long and short of his blog post is that as far as our devices our concerned, the scanner is the only change.
    Kinoma Play responds more quickly to the appearance and disappearance of Bluetooth audio devices, like Bluetooth headphones and speakers.
    That was the only other part that may apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    What do u mean setup favorite Tv?
    Create a playlist of Favorite TV and Radio Stations and Play via Kinoma...
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    The long and short of his blog post is that as far as our devices our concerned, the scanner is the only change.
    We also address many (sometimes hundreds) of minor bugs and other details with every release.

You can think of the notes we post to the blog as the highlight reel.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Thanks Kinoma! I did not think this would be addressed since we had a few updates and no response from the developer. I'm glad I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Thanks Kinoma! I did not think this would be addressed since we had a few updates and no response from the developer.
    You'll find that we don't usually talk about what we're doing until we've done it, but we listen carefully and appreciate your feedback and your patience.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    BTW, today we updated both Kinoma Play and FreePlay, and they no longer do that "annoying" card check on startup.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/10/anoth...now-available/

-- Charles Wiltgen

Great that you came up with that idea to stop the annoying scan, maybe you'll able to come up with a way to let users exclude certain folders from scanning.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually www.xstreamxm.com/mobile no longer works on any device. It appears XM has shut it down as of a couple of weeks ago. Now the only way to stream XM is through Select Radio, which otherwise is a pretty crappy application.

It would be great if Kinoma Play could support XM and Sirius. Consider this another request.
    I would agree that XM/Sirius would be awesome on Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Great that you came up with that idea to stop the annoying scan, maybe you'll able to come up with a way to let users exclude certain folders from scanning.
    It's not as big a deal as was putting that start-up scan to an end, but it would be nice to be able to exclude a folder from being scanned. I've got some of my kid's music loading into Kimona and I'd rather it not. I can start their music at times they are in the car manually, but I don't like looking for my stuff in Kinoma and having theirs mixed up with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It's not as big a deal as was putting that start-up scan to an end, but it would be nice to be able to exclude a folder from being scanned. I've got some of my kid's music loading into Kimona and I'd rather it not.
    Gotcha. We have a few people who've requested this in our "feature requests" forum, so rest assured that we hear you. Thanks for posting a specific scenario as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Or you know Charles, if there was a way to "hide" my kid's music from view and make it visible when they are in the car, that would be cool too . An option to select that an album be hidden and brought back to being viewable in the library on demand. But that's probably way more work to code than skipping a directory during a scan . Still a "hide" feature would be rather slick.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I have a suggestion I think many people would like to see. No matter where you are in Kinoma Play, there is a small icon and title in the upper left. For example, if you go to Services and Flickr, and then select Flickr Photostreams and then Most Interesting, then the title in the upper left is "Most Interesting." I suggest making that a drop-down menu. So if I tap on the title in the upper left, it would display "Main," "My Media Files," "Kinoma Guide," "Services," and "Favorites." So you could go to any one of those options from anywhere in Kinoma Play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I suggest making that a drop-down menu. So if I tap on the title in the upper left, it would display "Main," "My Media Files," "Kinoma Guide," "Services," and "Favorites." So you could go to any one of those options from anywhere in Kinoma Play.
    And add "Exit" to that list .
    And add "Exit" to that list .
    I second the exit from anywhere suggestion.

Wow let me tell you. The newest Kinoma Play works great. I was having some stability issues with the program but after upgrading, they have all gone away. Bluetooth audio connections definitly seem more responsive to changes and the loud pop then sleep problem that I was experiencing when playing though the usb to mono 2.5 adaptor seems to be gone too.

I also started going into task manager and ending all tasks prior to using Kinoma Play so that might be responsible for some of the change but I'm betting it is mostly due to the Kinoma programming being very solid.

Thanks
    Is anyone using Kinoma Play (or FreePlay) with a BT device that has buttons to advance tracks? I can't advance tracks through my BT audio device (Moto T505) in Kinoma Play (could not with FreePlay either). I can advance tracks when using other applications including Media Player.

This is a minor concern.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Is anyone using Kinoma Play (or FreePlay) with a BT device that has buttons to advance tracks? I can't advance tracks through my BT audio device (Moto T505) in Kinoma Play (could not with FreePlay either). I can advance tracks when using other applications including Media Player.

This is a minor concern.
    I think this is a known issue with KP. Charles had commented earilier that it should be "in the list" of things to do.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=136
    Last edited by ehehat; 10/17/2008 at 10:30 AM.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Many thanks ehehat. That's what I get for not reading all 278 comments .
    I'd like to see the signal strength indicator appear on the now playing screen, especially when listening to streaming audio..