Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    any chance of a kinoma desktop client to provide features like itunes w/cover art, cdinfo, lyrics, playlists, etc?
    Just wanted top say that I have noticed that .WMA video files play very jerky under Kinoma Play. I thought it was just a limitation of the CPU power of the Treo until I tried playing the same file using Windows Media Player and it played as smooth as glass.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I have two issues with Kinoma Play. I emailed Charles about this many times but they have not been addressed and I never got a reply from Kinoma.

1) Some Youtube files have incompatible audio streams. That's a deal breaker.
    2) How can they revise this product and not at least add an option to get rid of that annoying card check on startup? Some of us have 8GB cards and would rather not wait 1-2 minutes for the annoyance to be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmoller800 View Post
    any chance of a kinoma desktop client to provide features like itunes w/cover art, cdinfo, lyrics, playlists, etc?
    There are no plans to do a desktop client, but I don't think metadata-related feature requests would necessarily need one.

Can you lay out a scenario involving, say, cover art?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I emailed Charles about this many times but they have not been addressed and I never got a reply from Kinoma.
    Hrmm, I searched my email archive and didn't see any notes that might be from you. (Maybe an over-agressive spam filter is getting in the way?)

You can also get community support is via our forum, and you can reach "official" customer support here.

Some Youtube files have incompatible audio streams.
    Can you point me to one or two?

How can they revise this product and not at least add an option to get rid of that annoying card check on startup?
    We've heard and appreciate the feedback on this. We don't talk about future releases, but rest assured that we're paying attention.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Just wanted top say that I have noticed that .WMA video files play very jerky under Kinoma Play. I thought it was just a limitation of the CPU power of the Treo until I tried playing the same file using Windows Media Player and it played as smooth as glass.
    You should expect to see no performance difference when playing a WMV file with Kinoma Play vs. Windows Media Player.

If you do, please let our support folks know so they can investigate. (Thanks!)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Is there a way to have Orb "shuffle" between all my music? I want to listen to a large variety and not limit to a specific artist etc.
    How can they revise this product and not at least add an option to get rid of that annoying card check on startup?
    BTW, today we updated both Kinoma Play and FreePlay, and they no longer do that "annoying" card check on startup.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/10/anoth...now-available/

-- Charles Wiltgen
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    BTW, today we updated both Kinoma Play and FreePlay, and they no longer do that "annoying" card check on startup.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/10/anoth...now-available/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles,
    I was wondering about xm online streaming. SelectRadio got built in support for xm radio streams (specially more channels than mobile site offer). Currently I am trying this app for 10 days but before I buy this app, do Kinoma developers have any plans to include XM radio as one of services? I know XM radio online streams are using windows media streaming so it should be technically possible to include that to kinoma player. Please let me know if there is anything you know about future plans.
    Ehsan.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Just got the update, very nice. I start it and can go right to streaming stations if I want without delay .
    WOW!!! Can it be true??? NO ANNOYING AUTO SCAN???

YES!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Now how to figure out how to perform a manual scan. LOL
    D'Oh!!! After playing around with the new version, I found how to perform a maual scan. NICE!!! I LOVE the way you can cancel the scan as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    ...before I buy this app, do Kinoma developers have any plans to include XM radio as one of services?
    For better or worse, we don't talk about what we might do in the future. But we listen carefully, and Sirius/XM support is something we've had a few requests for.

(Just curious...does http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/ work on your device?)

-- Charles Wiltgen
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    For better or worse, we don't talk about what we might do in the future. But we listen carefully, and Sirius/XM support is something we've had a few requests for.

(Just curious...does http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/ work on your device?)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Oh yes the site works but many channels are not supported. For example I love News and Talk Shows and many stations (CNN, Fox, Potus, BBC World News and Asian channel) don't work on this site. Compared to actual channel count "http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/" is no match for channels supported by SelectRadio. And quiet frankly SelectRadio overall UI sucks big time. I just wish Kinoma could just add support for XM (Sirius too, I am just biased because I have XM). Oh I forgot, great update you guys just released .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Other than the scanning what else changed? I still don't see any way to get back to the home screen or a way to rename my favorites (I still have five podcasts named "index").

Edit: I did see one nice change. I used to get duplicate album art in my pictures and they fixed that.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    No auto scan?

$30.00 on its way! Thanks for listening to your customers!

Now if only Orb would release for Mac
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Other than the scanning what else changed?
    You know, I work really hard on those blog posts that list all changes of general interest.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks for allowing manual scanning, Charles! This was really my number one gripe for an otherwise super addition to the WM ecosystem.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    One more big thank you to Kinoma - it just gets better and better!!
    Excellent Job!