Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I posted this in another thread, but it really belongs here. Is there anyway to launch Kinoma as the default media player when you click on a youtube link (or other media link) in a browser?

S
    Quote Originally Posted by sfox View Post
    I thought the 800w screen was square, when would widescreen be different?

S
    No the screen is rectangular. It's way longer vertically than horizontally. Which is why Media Player turns videos to the side, so the height of the screen can be used as width (widescreen) when viewing videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have uncovered a bug in the latest version of Kinoma Play. It will freeze when scanning HanDbase database files *if* you sync to more than one computer.
    Thank you for contacting support and sending us something that let us reproduce this! We couldn't ask for more, and this will be fixed in one of the next updates.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way [...] to change the screen orientation when playing videos, so that the "widescreen" (have to hold the device sideways) view can be used, like when Media Player runs videos?
    Right now you can do that with devices that change screen orientation when you slide open their keyboard, etc.

We know people want to be able to do this on all phones, so consider yourself heard!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    No the screen is rectangular. It's way longer vertically than horizontally. Which is why Media Player turns videos to the side, so the height of the screen can be used as width (widescreen) when viewing videos.

Just measured my 800w...screen is 1 3/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches.
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    It's square, really...
    um darnell, what exactly about 320x320 is rectangular?

also, charles, any word on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfox View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but it really belongs here. Is there anyway to launch Kinoma as the default media player when you click on a youtube link (or other media link) in a browser?

S
    This would be HUGE for integration, as I know I get a lot of youtube links in my IM client, and FlashVideoBundle intercepts them from PIE and throws them into TCPMP, so it seams possible for Kinoma to take it instead.
    (As I eat my own shoe...)

OK, I measured and yes it is square. I guess from just looking at the thing standing up I had this optical illusion going that the screen was rectangular. Never mind the fact the resolution maxes at 320X320, I was too busy caught up in the illusion .

OK, so no need to move the screen around.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    charles, any word on this? This would be HUGE for integration, as I know I get a lot of youtube links in my IM client, and FlashVideoBundle intercepts them from PIE and throws them into TCPMP, so it seams possible for Kinoma to take it instead.
    Can you provide an exact URL so I can see the protocol used? (I'm guessing it's an rtsp:// link?)

-- Charles Wiltgen

If you click on that link in PIE or an IM client, FlashVideoBundle captures the video portion and sends it to TCPMP.

TCPMP reports the URL as

http://v9.cache.googlevideo.com/get_...5key=yt4sver=2

If you click on that link in PIE or an IM client, FlashVideoBundle captures the video portion and sends it to TCPMP.
    As you probably know, you can open that URL in Kinoma Play and it's smart enough to find the video from the page URL (something we pioneered in Kinoma Player 4 EX long ago).

However, that URL is a web page. So, FlashVideoBundle effectively highjacks all HTTP URLs to youtube.com?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Is this just a Windows app? I just watched the Palm Treo Pro video on wmexperts. This app looks sick.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    As you probably know, you can open that URL in Kinoma Play and it's smart enough to find the video from the page URL (something we pioneered in Kinoma Player 4 EX long ago).

However, that URL is a web page. So, FlashVideoBundle effectively highjacks all HTTP URLs to youtube.com?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    It actually still opens PIE, but then instead of loading the webpage, PIE gives you a popup menu with 3 links for "Play video, Save Video, or Visit Page"

I can send you the cabs for FlashVideoBundle and TCPMP .72 if you would like to try it for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Is this just a Windows app? I just watched the Palm Treo Pro video on wmexperts. This app looks sick.
    Thanks! Kinoma Play is available for Windows Mobile now, and we've hinted that it'll be available for other modern mobile OSs in the future.

Here are some other videos that you might be interested in: http://vimeo.com/KinomaPlay

-- Charles Wiltgen
    It actually still opens PIE, but then instead of loading the webpage, PIE gives you a popup menu with 3 links for "Play video, Save Video, or Visit Page"

I can send you the cabs for FlashVideoBundle and TCPMP .72 if you would like to try it for yourself.
    Any update on this?
    Charles,
    I have to say that this is very nice. I have never tried Kinoma before but downloaded the free version a few days ago. I do have a problem where my BT headset controls do not work with the program. I have a Motorola HT820. I have to say that the sound is great. Is this a feature that is only available in the paid version?

Thanks!
    Charles,

Here's another suggestion to help resolve the scanning issue....

Modify the app to use a text file, which conrains a list of folders to include in the scan. This ASCII text file can easily be modified by the user.

I'm thinking this is what Kinoma play is doing at initial startup after a fresh install...

1. Scan the device and provide a list of folders, which is probably being written to a db file. This is probably a loop.

2. When the list is finished, read that file and scan those folders for media files. This is probably 2 loops.

After the initial startup, any other times the app wil do the following...

1. Scan the device and provide a list of folders and compare it to the exclusion list. If the folder is valid, create a db file of the valid folders. This is probably a loop.

2. When the list is finished, read that file and scan those folders for media files. This is probably 2 loops.

Here is what I suggest...

1. At initial startup, have Kinoma Look for the ASCII db file.

2. If the file does not exist, then scan the device and provide a list of folders, which will be written to a db (ASCII) file.

3. If the file DOES exist, proceed to step 4.

4. Read db file and scan those folders for media files.

With this suggestion, the user can then modify the list themselves and remove any unnecessary folders.

This way, the developers will have more time working on other issues,.
    Charles,

Here's another suggestion to help resolve the scanning issue....

Modify the app to use a text file, which conrains a list of folders to include in the scan. This ASCII text file can easily be modified by the user.

I'm thinking this is what Kinoma play is doing at initial startup after a fresh install...

1. Scan the device and provide a list of folders, which is probably being written to a db file. This is probably a loop.

After the initial startup, any other times the app wil do the following...

1. Scan the device and provide a list of folders and compare it to the exclusion list. If the folder is valid, create a db file of the valid folders. This is probably a loop.

Here is what I suggest...

1. At initial startup, have Kinoma Look for the ASCII db file.

2. If the file does not exist, then scan the device and provide a list of folders, which will be written to a db (ASCII) file.

3. If the file DOES exist, proceed to step 4.

4. Read db file and scan those folders for media files.

With this suggestion, the user can then modify the list themselves and remove any unnecessary folders.

This way, the developers will have more time working on other issues,.
    Any update on this?
    No, but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

My recommendation is to contact the creator of FlashVideoBundle and ask them to support Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter_In_MN View Post
    I do have a problem where my BT headset controls do not work with the program. I have a Motorola HT820. I have to say that the sound is great. Is this a feature that is only available in the paid version?
    What you're looking for is "AVRCP support", and that's not yet a feature of either Kinoma Play or Kinoma FreePlay.

The best way to hear about any enhancements to Kinoma Play's Bluetooth support is to subscribe to our blog or follow us on Twitter (see below for details).

-- Charles Wiltgen