Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Kinoma,

Why do I need a free version when I had a "PAID FOR" version that was up to date and "REGISTERED" before it went belly up?

(REVIEW)

I downloaded ...installed.. registered....and updated a PAID version of KP. For some strange reason, it started showing a register screen after using it for over a week or so. You stated that I needed to upgrade. How can I upgrade when it wont let me past the registration screen? Now your telling me to download a free version....update that...then register?....when I already have a PAID and REGISTERED version?

Does not sound right to me. Can I just get the key from you again? The one that I already paid for?

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    If you can't upgrade from the Kinoma app, then download the app from the registration email you received. This is usually the latest version.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 09/19/2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Yes, but at least those minority ford owners can add a hitch themselves if they want
    http://bio.fsu.edu/~heath/mustang/loaded.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    If you can't upgrade from the Kinoma app, then download the app from the registration email you received. This is usually the latest version.
    Thanks for mentioning that! Also, customers can always go to kinoma.com/support/ and click the "Need your installer or purchase key?" link to get the current installer.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Can I just get the key from you again? The one that I already paid for?
    Sure, you can always go to kinoma.com/support/ and click the "Need your installer or purchase key?" link to get the current installer. It's the first link under your product.

Also, our customer support folks are always happy to help, and they almost always respond within a day.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Are you suggesting that I do something else on my end rather than have the player be able to read the directory list?
    Yes. Kinoma Play is unlikely to include a scraper for HTML directory listings, but it wouldn't be too difficult to create one.

It's really next to impossible to scroll up and down through lists with the touch screen.
    I'd appreciate it if you'd contact support and let them know. Kinoma Play offers all the gesture control you mentioned (and it works really well), so I'm starting to think you're seeing something specific to your phone's digitizer or drivers. By contacting support, this will get properly tested and tracked.

In other news, I thought of two other features that would be useful.
    Thanks for the feedback!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Yes. Kinoma Play is unlikely to include a scraper for HTML directory listings, but it wouldn't be too difficult to create one.
    Perhaps offer plugin support a la Firefox?
    Looks like the Favorites do not survive a hard reset and restore!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Perhaps offer plugin support a la Firefox?
    That could complement what I've been thinking of, which is a PHP script that you'd append the web page to as an argument, along the lines of:

opml-izer.php?url=bobloblaw.com%2Fmysongs%2F (slashes get encoded as "%2F)

The script would simply scrape the page for MP3 files and return OPML with links to those files.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    If I navigate through my mp3 files and select an album it plays fine. While playing I can navigate throught the kinoma menu looking for other things to play. Is there a quick way to get to the now playing screen to stop the player or change tracks from within the menu or after exiting the application? I figure I must be missing something as its next to impossible to tell it to stop playing once I leave the application and go elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If I navigate through my mp3 files and select an album it plays fine. While playing I can navigate throught the kinoma menu looking for other things to play. Is there a quick way to get to the now playing screen to stop the player or change tracks from within the menu or after exiting the application? I figure I must be missing something as its next to impossible to tell it to stop playing once I leave the application and go elsewhere.
    I think that's a good suggestion. I would like to have a way to get to the main menu or now playing from anywhere in the app.
    I am trying to register KinomaFreePlay as a start. The activation email never appears to arrive even after waiting for about 1 hour.
    700wx | WM6 | VZW | Exchange Push
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I think that's a good suggestion. I would like to have a way to get to the main menu or now playing from anywhere in the app.
    Thanks for the feedback, jcthorne and Rhody. I'll make sure the request for a Main screen shortcut is on our radar.

To get to the Now Playing item, you can show the menu pod and select Media > Now Playing from anywhere.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 09/23/2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added note about Now Playing shortcut
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin2375 View Post
    I am trying to register KinomaFreePlay as a start. The activation email never appears to arrive even after waiting for about 1 hour.
    I'm guessing an over-zealous spam filter is the reason for that.

If you send a quick note to Kinoma support, they'll be glad to get you going.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Thanks Charles, that did indeed end up being the case (well that plus my impatience)
    700wx | WM6 | VZW | Exchange Push
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin2375 View Post
    Thanks Charles, that did indeed end up being the case...
    Cool, I'm glad it eventually came through for you.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    It's really next to impossible to scroll up and down through lists with the touch screen. PocketCM allows me to thumb scroll through my contacts page by page quite easily and reacts very well. PocketCM Image viewer gives the same "gesture" control to flipping through images, zooming in, and panning around with excellent touchscreen response. This really seems like poor touch screen input capture on Kinoma's end more than anything.
    I saw on another thread that Touch Commander was interfering with Kinoma Play's touch support.

How's Kinoma Play's touch support working for you now?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I have uncovered a bug in the latest version of Kinoma Play. It will freeze when scanning HanDbase database files *if* you sync to more than one computer. It will complete the scan fine, until the HanDbase databases are synced to the second computer and then it will freeze on the very next scan after the sync. The previous version will not do this. I have emailed support to request that they exclude these files from the scan.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I was testing the free version of this software last night with a large .FLV file. I must say, the video quality is nothing less than impressive. I was wondering if there is a way with the free version (or the not so free version ), to change the screen orientation when playing videos, so that the "widescreen" (have to hold the device sideways) view can be used, like when Media Player runs videos?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    ...to change the screen orientation when playing videos, so that the "widescreen" (have to hold the device sideways) view can be used, like when Media Player runs videos?

I thought the 800w screen was square, when would widescreen be different?

S
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast