1.    #1  
    I am a semi new Treo user and have the 750 running WM6.

I saw a review of this SPB shell and just downloaded the 15 day trial and its really handy. It looks like it won 10+ awards and most every review I have seen calls it a must have.

Anyone else use this or something different ?

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en

It has a reset button, finger swipe and animation for some things, weather (but not real time updates), phone contacts with many options, themes, one touch sound profile, etc... I can use my finger almost 100% of the time now.

I dont know if I am going to pay or not though but it seems to add options and make things easier.
    i am trying it now... i really liked it.......i might buy if they port if i see dedication in support. Search here ... you can see who stands where ...

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...temandRegistry
    Tried it.
    Didn't see the benifit.
    Just saw it as Bells and Whistles.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    I admit it is frilly but I like it. Being able to swipe your finger to change pages, press and hold an icon to change it and the animations make it semi iPhoneish. I think the addition of a reset button, lock button, volume profiles and themes are a nice needed addition.

One of the main things I like is the contact screen with 9 photo contacts. Then when you touch on a photo it doesnt auto dial, it gives a list of the different numbers even the sms one if available. I cant tell you how many people I accidently called using the WM6 photo contacts that just dialed if you touched one.

I also like the programs page with 10 adjustable icons at the top for easy access so your not digging thru the menus and the 6 main options at the bottom.

Its "almost" everything you need combined and condensed in just 3 screens. I would like to see the ability to add another contacts page so you can have one touch accress to another 9 photo contacts. It might already be there but I cant find it.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 08/26/2008 at 08:54 AM.
  5.    #5  
    I found a few things that might be a dealbreaker for me.

When the shell is running what shows up in your normal Today bar at the top (weather, IM, etc....) does not pass thru to the shell's top bar.

Some programs that put status/display bars/icons on the normal Today at the bottom do not pass thru to the shell.

The weather which I knew was not real time is nice but not very useful if your looking for the temperature right now. Its only good as a general weather for the day.

Also the signal indicator does not seem to be correct like the one on the real Today screen.

I am still on the trial period and undecided on what I am going to do. The contacts are super, the icons and program layout I really like but I run a few things I didnt realize until now that dont pass thru to the shell.
    I'm using SPBshell as well and its good if you don't enable the NOW screen since you can't dial from it. I just integrate the spbshell into my today screen.

I also have the Spb phone suite, works well with the shell.

Back to the NOW screen, it also does not auto return to it if its enabled. There is a cab file that addresses this but has an issue with it if you hit the phone button while at the now screen as it just puts you back to the now screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    I'm using SPBshell as well and its good if you don't enable the NOW screen since you can't dial from it. I just integrate the spbshell into my today screen.

I also have the Spb phone suite, works well with the shell.

Back to the NOW screen, it also does not auto return to it if its enabled. There is a cab file that addresses this but has an issue with it if you hit the phone button while at the now screen as it just puts you back to the now screen.
    how are you using phonesuite? on my it doesn't show the icons and it's kind of goofy. I am waiting for the new version to come up that supports 320x320
  8.    #8  
    I wonder why they dont have a major package with all the products at a discount ?

Seems you have to buy the shell, the weather, the phone stuff, the keyboard and pocket plus with the finger swipe scrolling contacts to get it all.
    By default it should show the icons on the today screen. I'm using it to quickly view any missed calls/sms/vm and quickly dial VM.

Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    how are you using phonesuite? on my it doesn't show the icons and it's kind of goofy. I am waiting for the new version to come up that supports 320x320
    I've tried both mobile shell and winterface but keep coming back to the standard today screen, with spb diary and multiple tabs. with the start button it's usually not more than 2 or 3 buttom presses to get to the app I want with the 7 apps down the start menu and 6 last used apps above them..actually seems to take longer using one of the shells to navigate to apps IMO.. the eye candy is nice but after a while speed and efficiency win out for me