1. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of any call recording software that works on the 800w?

Resco Audio Recorder does not start on the 320x320 resolution (known issue) and I've read a report of VITO AudioNotes recording neither side.
    A CallRec would great...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Everything I have seen in the forum indicates that call recording is turned off on the 800W. It's a big plus for me as well - hopefully the geniuses on board (and we have a few) will find a fix. I've got my fingers crossed and my wallet open!
    From my understanding, it seems most phones (at least WM) have call recording disabled on the hardware level. I hope this isn't true as I'd like the ability to record my calls in needed.
  5. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    What about a third party service?

I want this feature, even if I have to jump through hoops
    And what security do you have with any 3rd party service?
  7. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    What about recording while speaker is on? Surely there must be a way for the 800w to double as a regular voice recorder while on a call
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    What about recording while speaker is on? Surely there must be a way for the 800w to double as a regular voice recorder while on a call
    Nope, during a phone call, the recorder does not record a thing. It runs, but nothing is recorded on either side.

It appears that the recorder mic circuit is switched off during a phone call.

If the recorder mic is switched off during a call, it seems it should be able to be switched on with a reg edit, maybe?

They all (recording software vendors) said that PalmOS was incapable as well until CallRec came out. Then magically all of them also had a new version that would do it.

Hopefully with enough need there will be a solution.
    This would probably be the only app I'd consider paying for other than UL (becoming a freeware junkie and really good at hard resets )...I take recorded statements all the time and this would be so helpful. Even better if I could do it all from Bluetooth. Count me as more demand for such software, however my limited reading on the topic suggest it was a hardware limitation on the 700wx, I assume the same holds true for the 800w???
    when can resco recorder start to work on 320x320 screen? why the author wouldn't consider to increase their customer base?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    when can resco recorder start to work on 320x320 screen? why the author wouldn't consider to increase their customer base?
    Resco has known about the screen resolution issue in their call recorder software (Resco Audio Recorder) since February of this year, when people with other 320 X 320 devices started to complain. Yet Resco on their forums keeps claiming everyone should be "patient". They've know for 8 months and still have not corrected the issue.

Anybody getting Resco File Explorer, which is a great program, or Resco Picture Viewer, which is OK, should NOT be enticed to get Resco Call Recorder, because Resco has known it does not work with any 320 X 320 device for about 8 months and still have not corrected the issue. And to boot, they have not even made a note on the Resco Call Recorder product page, to let people know it does not work on 320 X 320 devices.
    Seeing their product and devices pages you'd think their call recorder would work on any WM device. I even left a message in the Resco Call Recorder forum, that they need to put a message on their product page about the matter, which they have not done.

Personally I think Resco is focused on their other products (notice they have their hot selling File Explorer working and looking great on 320 X 320 screens) and since those are selling, I think they're not worried too much about the call recorder issues. If they were concerned, it would have been fixed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Resco has known about the screen resolution issue in their call recorder software (Resco Audio Recorder) since February of this year, when people with other 320 X 320 devices started to complain. Yet Resco on their forums keeps claiming everyone should be "patient". They've know for 8 months and still have not corrected the issue.

Anybody getting Resco File Explorer, which is a great program, or Resco Picture Viewer, which is OK, should NOT be enticed to get Resco Call Recorder, because Resco has known it does not work with any 320 X 320 device for about 8 months and still have not corrected the issue. And to boot, they have not even made a note on the Resco Call Recorder product page, to let people know it does not work on 320 X 320 devices.
    Seeing their product and devices pages you'd think their call recorder would work on any WM device. I even left a message in the Resco Call Recorder forum, that they need to put a message on their product page about the matter, which they have not done.

Personally I think Resco is focused on their other products (notice they have their hot selling File Explorer working and looking great on 320 X 320 screens) and since those are selling, I think they're not worried too much about the call recorder issues. If they were concerned, it would have been fixed already.
    I totally agree with you. I will not pay a single penny this company!
  14. sv3
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Any resolution to this call recording issue yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by sv3 View Post
    Any resolution to this call recording issue yet?
    The 800w can never record calls. Sorry.
    Resco Audio Recorder now works, but its call recording does not work on the 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Resco Audio Recorder now works, but its call recording does not work on the 800w.
    We know, their just released (after my earlier comments) pre-release beta, that just came out after about 8 months of people asking seems to work. And like with many other WM devices, no it does not record calls. That's an issue beyond Resco's control.

Still the way Resco handled this does not cause me to think highly of them.