Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am trying out the voice command thing.

I say all kinds of things and it keep saying "please repeat".

Isnt it suppose to be I say something and save that to a function? Where can I do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I am trying out the voice command thing.

I say all kinds of things and it keep saying "please repeat".

Isnt it suppose to be I say something and save that to a function? Where can I do this?
    No... Voice command has a list of things it understands. I'm pretty sure they're listed in the manual.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I dont see anything under voice command on the manual.

You cant record and map a function? Again Treo does things differently. Sometimes I miss HTC product.

I have said mail, internet, appointment, contact and it always say "please repeat".

Anyone got this thing working?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thank you! Its part of Microsoft and not Palm. I get it. Thanks! :-)
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Chong67 - Have you tried it without the sandwich in your mouth? (j/k). My wife is Asian, with an accent, and has the same problem - I wonder if the programmers were too strict with the voice recognition...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Hello King.

Yah, I love whopper.

My 800w seem to respond to my command well now after I read the info on the Microsoft website. Just try to speak like an american and you will be alright.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks Chong67 - I'll pass that on to the wife.
    I wish Voice Command worked like Vista's speech recognition. Vista's works extremely well and you can train it quite extensively (which makes it almost perfect, at least in my experience).

Voice Command works decently for me but I hope the enxt verison (or maybe WM7) has Vista's capabilities.