1.    #1  
    So I'm out of town, and I have 2 batteries with me. 1st night charging is no problem. 2nd night, I wake up in the morning and no charge. So I go to my backup battery. 3rd night, wake up next morning, no charge. I try a different charger. Nothing. I try my computer. Nothing.

I then discover that my 800w won't hold a charge. When I put the charge cord in and jiggle it, then I get the charging light. However, that charging light only stays for about 15 seconds and I lose it. So something is wrong with the usb connector and I'm pissed. I'm sitting at the airport now with a phone that is dead, and that sucks. Now I have to run downtown Chicago tomorrow after I arrive to get a replacement and I don't have that kind of time; I have so much to do!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm seriously contemplating another type of phone.
    I had my 800w completely discharged 2 times and both times it wouldn't charge when I plugged it in to the charger. The red charging light would come on for a few seconds then turn off, acting like a bad battery. I kept plugging and unplugging the charger but I think just leaving it plugged in worked. I don't the proper method for charging after it is completely drained.
  3.    #3  
    Leaving it plugged in did nothing for me unfortunately. Completely dissapointed. I'm considering just getting a freaking cheap flip phone and calling it a day. The more expensive the phone, the more problems...
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    That stinks! I doubt you'd be satisfied with a simple dumb-phone, but I can appreciate the frustration when traveling and having something so unacceptable happen to such a high-end device.

Good luck.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I know your pain. When my Treo crapped out on me when I was out of town that was the final straw. I had the same thought, free phones don't even break this quickly. I was going to switch back to my Sanyo M1. The Sprint store said I could take a Curve for a spin and to bring it back if I didn't like it. Almost a month later I still have it. I have not reset it 1 time, no freezing, no maintenance. Moral, don't go back to a cheap flip. Get another one or find something better.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I'd left the GPS on overnight and drained the battery completely. It wouldn't turn on, charge, or anything with the supplied wall charger. Fortunately, I'd just bought the separate battery charger from Palm. After charging the battery in that, it worked fine. Anyways, dunno if that is a similar problem or not, but, at least on my phone, there's a in-phone charging point of no return.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Wall charger seems to work fine but USB & car charger is very touchy. I won't be surprised when mine starts to mess up. That's why I have the ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I had my 800w completely discharged 2 times and both times it wouldn't charge when I plugged it in to the charger. The red charging light would come on for a few seconds then turn off, acting like a bad battery. I kept plugging and unplugging the charger but I think just leaving it plugged in worked. I don't the proper method for charging after it is completely drained.
    I have the same problem. When the battery dies, I have to plug it in to the wall charger and wait 20~30min before it comes back on. I have a verizon microusb car charger and when the battery is completely drained, it will not charge the phone. When the battery is completely drained and plugged into the car charger, it does this weird thing where the charge light comes on for a few seconds after I remove it from the car charger.

What I do now is take out the battery when it's @ 5% until I can charge it using car or wall charger.

I also notice sometimes that the charge light stays on after I remove it from a generic wall charger I bought for work. I soft reset the device and the charge light goes aways.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I use the separate battery charger for the centro. I ran my battery down to the ground and thought I had killed it. The charger had no problems recharging it to full strength.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    After about 3 weeks of use my wall charger no longer would keep a connection with the phone and hence couldn't charge it. I took it back and they gave me another charge which is working fine. We'll see for how long. It's been a whole day so far.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Was your phone really warm? Weird question but, I've seen this issue when the phone was warm/hot. Popping the battery in and out then force cooling (u can guess how) always worked. When these batteries get hot, they will charge slowly or even drain while connected to the charger. And for some reason, certain chargers seem to really warm up the whole system. Weird!
    From 7/10 to now, still with original phone and battery. Cooling is the only thing that has worked everytime... so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    So I'm out of town, and I have 2 batteries with me. 1st night charging is no problem. 2nd night, I wake up in the morning and no charge. So I go to my backup battery. 3rd night, wake up next morning, no charge. I try a different charger. Nothing. I try my computer. Nothing.

I then discover that my 800w won't hold a charge. When I put the charge cord in and jiggle it, then I get the charging light. However, that charging light only stays for about 15 seconds and I lose it. So something is wrong with the usb connector and I'm pissed. I'm sitting at the airport now with a phone that is dead, and that sucks. Now I have to run downtown Chicago tomorrow after I arrive to get a replacement and I don't have that kind of time; I have so much to do!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm seriously contemplating another type of phone.

Yes! this has happend to me and I returned it for that reson. The new one seems to behave in the same strange way. Also, when using it while plugged into the car charger, the battery still discharges! This phone has some major issues. I may just sh**can it when the HTC Touch Pro comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjb417 View Post

I also notice sometimes that the charge light stays on after I remove it from a generic wall charger I bought for work. I soft reset the device and the charge light goes aways.

I had this happening on mine and in another discussion someone told me that turning off the screen (red call end button) and then turning it back on again turns off the LED. Works for me. No reset needed.
  14.    #14  
    Hey sorry guys I received no notification that all of you replied!

Anyway, I troubleshooted and basically the USB port on the phone was shot, and I blame the Seidio Innodock Jr. That is the hardest thing in the world to put your phone on, and I think it damaged my phone before I left, although I can't 100% prove it. All I know is that it was fine before I started to use it.

So I went to Sprint repair early Monday morning and after waiting 30 min (not bad), they just replaced it with a brand new one. New one is working fine, but I'm returning that Seidio dock. I'm not knocking Seidio; it's just that dock. As an alternative, I bought their battery charger/phone charger thingy that plugs into the wall or into a computer. That way I can charge my 2nd battery separately and I can charge my phone as well when out of town or away from home.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Been having this issue for 2 days!!! Phone still discharged to a charger, once it gets charge enough to come back to life, the alerts go off, then promptly kill the batt again. Frustrating to say the least!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I think we can safely say that this is a known issue.

The same thing happened to me. My 2nd day with the phone, I thought I was doing the 'right thing' by letting it fully discharge to properly cycle the battery. I let it charge all night, and it was completely dead in the morning. I unplugged it and plugged it in again, and got a steady red light for about 10 secs, then it would blink a few times and completely turn off. After re-plugging it in a few times, I was finally able to get it to continually charge and turn on.

Needless to say, I won't be completely running down the battery again any time soon.
    I ran mine down on day 1. Let's just say I almost threw it out the window. It just wouldn't charge and the light would not come on. It took 15 or 20 minutes before it recognized it was on a charger. I never ran it dead ever again.
  18.    #18  
    The thing is I never ran it dead. I simply could not get it to charge thanks to the USB issue that I'm convinced had something to do with the Seidio Innodock Jr (which I now have an RMA for and and am sending back this week). It's frustrating but I have to get Sprint props for solving the issue without hassle. That's what insurance is for!
    I forgot to plugin my phone for charging last nite (it was already around 15%).
    Needless to say I found it dead this morning. I had read this thread before and I was scared to death. Lucky for me, once I plugged in the charger, the red charging light came on (about 30 seconds later) and then a minute later phone came up just fine. Phew!!! May be I just got lucky.