Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    is there a registry fix to stop my backlight issues. Very random. I have tried new settings of every type in the backlight menu, etc......I am on phone number 2 and thinking of going to number 3 tomorrow. i purchased the Seidio extended life battery and it made a difference but I am finding the phone out of lock in a dim backlight mode that I cannot get out off so the battery drains. Help oh great ones

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    This is still a bug in that getting locked out can and does occur, but we have found a registry edit solution if you look at page three of that thread.

That won't help 99% of users without regedit, but one might hope Palm reads these threads and can post on their site a download a simple fix that will automatically regedit the two keys in question when users to get stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tharsh View Post
    is there a registry fix to stop my backlight issues. Very random. I have tried new settings of every type in the backlight menu, etc......I am on phone number 2 and thinking of going to number 3 tomorrow. i purchased the Seidio extended life battery and it made a difference but I am finding the phone out of lock in a dim backlight mode that I cannot get out off so the battery drains. Help oh great ones

Thanks
    I did a hard boot. Wiped it clean. Turned off all backlight controls. Seems better. I will let you know. The high cap battery is really nice.

Thanks
    Everytime I sync my 800W to my computer my settings for backlight gets unchecked for external power. I have it set to turn off in 1 min on external power and the darm thing unchecks it almost every time when I sync it up. Whats up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    Everytime I sync my 800W to my computer my settings for backlight gets unchecked for external power. I have it set to turn off in 1 min on external power and the darm thing unchecks it almost every time when I sync it up. Whats up with that?
    After deciding to test all applications and which one introduces the power issues and backlight issues that kill the battery I found it. It is the voice dialing software.

In reply to your question I don't let the backlight setting do anything. I use the key lock sequence. Last night the phone did not shutdown due to battery and this is the first morning since getting the new high cap battery that it still had battery life. I think the power/backlight code is crap. And yes I applied the current power software update.
    After the recent time change, all my Calendar appointments were moved UP by an hour on my treo 800w, but remained correct on the desktop version. Synching doesn't fix the problem. Hard reset doesn't fix the problem. All new appointments put in since the time change act correctly. HELP.
    All I have done to mine since receiving it last night. Set up activstink and put on calendar and contacts, plus a few Excel files.

Back light does own thing, random time intervals. Does not power off on battery at all. I have it set for 3min.

IE locks phone up when browsing over wifi. go to task manager and shows cpu usage at 97%.
    seems to work over 1xrtt fine.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345