Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chimmer, good to hear. hopefully it'll work out for you. keep us posted.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I believe if you use Sprite Backup (included with) 800w and make daily (nightly) backups, it automatically resets the phone when it finishes.
    I do have it set up daily (at 1:00am). I guess it wants more than one re-boot most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Chimmer, good to hear. hopefully it'll work out for you. keep us posted.
    Alli from Iambic forums confirmed that setting all contact names to the Last Name, First Name format fixed the problem for her (with the Agendus Pro issue) which was basically the same bug.

We'll just have to see if it's a permanent fix or if it comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I have to keep this list in mind. I haven't experienced any of the above listed problems, except for the backlight setting not staying. But I've only experienced this when the battery was low. I think the backlight dims when the battery is low in order to preserve battery life. No matter if I force it to a brighter setting, it still remains dim, only until the battery level has increased.
    On my phone, can't speak for others, I can not get the backlight off time setting to work regardless of the battery status. If I turn on this feature, the backlight goes dim after 30 seconds even when the charger is connected.

Tried some of the registry changes suggested for this problem on the registry thread with no success. Strange behaviour.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Screen randomly displays randomly like hortizontal lines then fades to black - Not a software issue. I have encountered this bug on completely brand new (factory software only) 800w's as well as 800w's with sofware installed. Several others have reported same issue.

Pre & Post Hard/Soft reset..
    Another voicemail "bug" if you want to call it that goes like this:

I set up my voicemail speed dial to have the extra digits for the password so after it answers, I press the button for the extra digits instead of entering them manually. This works fine when I want to just go to my voicemail, but if the phone rings and I miss a call and it goes to voice mail, I get a pop up saying I missed a call and have voicemail and there is an option in the pop up to go to voicemail. If I select it from there, the extra digits feature doesn't show up, so I have to enter the password manually. Not a show stopper, just something else that is annoying.
    Why not just set up your voicemail to skip the passcode?
    Visor Deluxe => Visor Pro => Visor Prism => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 755p<hr/>
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXChameleon View Post
    Why not just set up your voicemail to skip the passcode?
    You mean set it up so that it doesn't require a code to access?

1) I didn't know you could do that.
    2) Even if you could, that would mean that anybody that knows your cell number could access your voicemail from a landline. I'd rather not let that happen.
    Sure can. Mine started out without then I changed it to. It's a Sprint thing, don't you know.
    2) Even if you could, that would mean that anybody that knows your cell number could access your voicemail from a landline. I'd rather not let that happen.
    Not true... It can only be done from certain numbers that you tell the voicemail to remember. Mine only does it from my cell number.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Not true... It can only be done from certain numbers that you tell the voicemail to remember. Mine only does it from my cell number.
    I can access my Sprint voicemail from any landline. All you do is call your cell number and when you get the greeting you hit the * key.

Now it's been awhile since I've checked all the voicemail options so I probably need to do that and see if I can configure mine like you are saying.
    I can access my Sprint voicemail from any landline. All you do is call your cell number and when you get the greeting you hit the * key.
    Yes you can...

Now it's been awhile since I've checked all the voicemail options so I probably need to do that and see if I can configure mine like you are saying.
    As I stated I have it turned on. I just accessed VM from a landline and it still prompted me for my passcode. I don't remember how indepth the options go but it only bypasses my passcode when I'm on my cell phone.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Okay, call me Murphy. I love the Treo 800W, but as of today (Sept 29, 2008) I've been through five defective 800Ws since July 11 and by tomorrow I'm supposed to get overnighted to me my sixth unit. Each problem has been different and Sprint has been fantastic at looking at each unit, saying "yep, it's broken," and ording me a new one without any problem. In case any of you have similar problems, know that Sprint will replace the unit. Here's my problem list:

1. Defective ear speaker - volume so low I could hardly hear the other person.
    2. Defective back speaker - loud crackling all the time
    3. Defective speakerphone - turn the speakerphone on and it shuts off the mic. You can hear them but they can't hear you, sort of like the cone of silence.
    4. Defective microusb connection - wouldn't recognize the headphones or charger half the time (Palm now has a software update that supposedly fixes this.)
    5. Defective battery usage - Battery quickly drained to zero, then wouldn't recharge. Went through 3 new batteries in two weeks before the Sprint Tech said the problem was the phone.

I really do love the 800W. I just want one that works longer than 2 weeks. So I'm really looking forward to tomorow. It's going to be a big day: Number 6 here we go!! Yipiee!! And let's hear it for the Sprite backup utility. That little program works great and is a lifesaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBGB View Post
    1. Defective ear speaker - volume so low I could hardly hear the other person.
    2. Defective back speaker - loud crackling all the time
    I predict you'll still have problems with these.

A lot of complaints these days on phones are they are too quiet. Personally, I think everyone is suffering from hearing loss and won't admit it The Touch Diamond is getting the same complaints.

The second one is true for speakphone and I think it's the driver. If you turn up the speakerphone passed 4 ticks, you'll get crackling. Yet on Pocket Tunes, music can crank and sounds great.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    As I stated I have it turned on. I just accessed VM from a landline and it still prompted me for my passcode. I don't remember how indepth the options go but it only bypasses my passcode when I'm on my cell phone.
    Thanks for the tip, got it working on mine. Bypasses on cell phone, still requires passcode on landline, just what I wanted!
    Just want to know if this happens to anyone else when using the texting app.

Everytime I receive or send a text message, when I press the [END] key to turn off the display, the backlight remains on at full intensity for about a second then turns off. However, about 5-10 sec after it turns back on again and remains on at full intensity until I press the [END] once to wake up the phone and second time to turn the display off - after this it will remain off.

I did the [END] key registry tweak to change behavior (turn off the screen only) and can not recall if this happened before this. Even if I change the registry key back to the original value, continues to happen.

Anyone else has noticed this behavior on their Treo800w?

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Sorry if someone has posted this one already, but was just skimming through the thread...

the phone will randomly turn its own power vision signals (both phone and connectivity) off upon occasion. Requires reset.

Also, clock changed from digital number to a representation of a clock when i restarted the phone today. i can't figure out how to get it to go back...
    My 800w's backlight turns on randomly every 2 or 3 minutes...then turns itself off. After it does this about 6 or 7 times, everything lights up in full intensity and i have to press the red end button to turn it off. I'm pretty sure this is why my battery can't last through the day. Any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by theunionjack View Post
    ...Also, clock changed from digital number to a representation of a clock when i restarted the phone today. i can't figure out how to get it to go back...
    With your stylus press and hold on the clock, an option menu will popup allowing you to choose from analog to digital display.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhwang View Post
    My 800w's backlight turns on randomly every 2 or 3 minutes...then turns itself off. After it does this about 6 or 7 times, everything lights up in full intensity and i have to press the red end button to turn it off. I'm pretty sure this is why my battery can't last through the day. Any fixes?
    Mine does this also but then goes to black as if in lock mode. it then take the red button to wake up. Only issue is that it comes up with dim intensity and then will not lock again. only fix is a hard start
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast