Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wow! That's some list.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    well to be fair 8,9,14,15,16 should have all been addressed in the newest patch from Palm they just released. Activesync honestly isnt a device problem, its always been wonky on every WM phone going back.
    I had the same issue with your #3. I thought it was just me, but now i know it is 800w issue

Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Some more for the list.

1. Provide control over the low-battery notification on the setting menu - the Low Battery menu (on Sound & Notifications) can be activated via regstry tweaks but does not seem to control the behavior at all.

2. The low battery notification wakes up the device and even when Keyguard is active, the screen will remain on until the notification is manually dismissed; this behavior can rapidly drain the little battery power left.

3. The Backlight control does not work, the device will dim the screen in 30-seconds regardless of the chosen value; the settings need to be changed via regstry tweaks to make them "stick".

4. Screen saver will sometimes turn on the backlight at full intensity after receiving an email. This happened on my Treo draining the battery very quickly on several occasions; I turned off this feature and so far is much better.
    I cant remember what PDA's/PPC/Smartphone/Windows Mobile devices that i have had in the past. But simply put, i got the Palm M100 many years ago and was hooked. Since then, i have been upgrading in search for the latest and greatest device. and yes still searching
    where is the thread on the registry settings needed to make the backlight turn off correctly? I know I've seen them somewhere, but don't know where they went.

Also my phone randomly turns on, then displays a bunch of colored lines, then slow fades black, then turns back on. it did this about every minute until a did a soft reset. I haven't seen it do it since (about 10 minutes ago).
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    can I add another you can't send a text while your getting an incoming text it says send failed network issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    where is the thread on the registry settings needed to make the backlight turn off correctly?
    I changed the setting at:

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout2

I set it to 120 (seconds) and now my backlight stays on for 2 minutes just like it should.

As an aside, I don't know why there's a BatteryTimeout2 in addition to the regular BatteryTimeout key. The value in BatteryTimeout is the one that actually shows up in the control panel. I haven't had time to play with it, but I wonder if simply deleting BatteryTimeout2 would also fix the issue.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    If I get text message and a call at the same time, the whole phone goes heywire. Even when I get it back to the Today screen, it won't make a call and it keeps my bluetooth device stuck on connected. Soft reset required.

THe Contacts list doesn't filter when I type a number. On my 700wx if I typed an area code for example, I would get all the numbers that start with that area code. Doesn't happen on the 800w
    I think in general, the 800W is very unstable...I usually have to do a softreset 1 every other day. I dont have all these extra programs on my phone either.
    So we have discussed this issue in another thread but maybe some fresh eyes can get a grip on it. Hence I post it here...

Many people are experiencing issues with POP and IMAP mail accounts randomly crashing upon trying to send an email. Everything has been tried from checking settings to changing settings to resets but the only thing that really seems to work is to rebuild the mail account. Here are my posts from the other thread. Any ideas on a fix??

"I have three POP email accounts (everyone.net, optonline.net, secureserver.net) and all have randomly crashed with the same sync error on sending. None have stopped being able to receive though. On some occasions, a soft reset has fixed the issue but 90% of the time; a full rebuild of the account must be done. The issue has occurred at least five times in the past 60 days. Sprint’s “Treo 800w experts”, lol, say it’s a known issue but they don’t have a “known” fix for it yet when I call."

“So 1 of my 2 everyone.net pop accounts started to act up again today. Would not send for its life. My other account that has the exact same settings but a different email address works fine. I tried using three different outbound servers and still no fix. Once again (the 6th time) I had to delete the account and rebuild it with the same settings. It's working fine right now. Palm doesn't seem to have any ideas either. They say it's a problem with my email settings. THEY ARE NUTS! I know it's not me and the tech at Sprint said they are getting lots of call for the same issue regarding IMAP and POP email accounts on the 800w. Is there anybody out there who can find a fix???? ugh!”
    Blackberry 8700g oem & Treo 800w with SBP Shell, SPB Wallet,Treo Alert 8.2, Skyfire,Pocket Express, Logmein & various Seidio products.
    I have to keep this list in mind. I haven't experienced any of the above listed problems, except for the backlight setting not staying. But I've only experienced this when the battery was low. I think the backlight dims when the battery is low in order to preserve battery life. No matter if I force it to a brighter setting, it still remains dim, only until the battery level has increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    I think in general, the 800W is very unstable...I usually have to do a softreset 1 every other day. I dont have all these extra programs on my phone either.
    Yet I have a ton of alpha and beta tester software and dont't ;-)

This sounds more like a "I'm new to WM6" issue, not a bug.

Try MemMaid for a few days and have auto-scheduler run every night, closing out your apps.

ps for everyone: "Bugs" are very specific AND repeatable errors for ALL users!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    There are times, like this morning, that I have to do a soft re-boot just so I can make a call. I'm getting into the habit of rebooting just to pay it safe. I'll still keep it - every phone has idiosyncrasies (did I spell that right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    There are times, like this morning, that I have to do a soft re-boot just so I can make a call. I'm getting into the habit of rebooting just to pay it safe.
    I believe if you use Sprite Backup (included with) 800w and make daily (nightly) backups, it automatically resets the phone when it finishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    i dont remember how exactly but theres a setting to turn that off i think in contacts and theres a settings/options menu to click. Its something like ask to add new contact after call.
    From the today screen, go to menu, preferences, phone settings and uncheck the box that says "After calls from numbers that are not in contacts, ask if I want to add them."

This is definitely a bug. I can call from my home phone, the pop up on the screen says "call from home" and lists my number. After the call ends, I get the message pop up saying that the phone number isn't in my contacts list and asks me if I want to add it. This may be related to the fact that there are multiple numbers (home, work, mobile) listed for the same contact, I don't know. It sucks either way.

There was a similar (or the same) bug when using Agendus Pro. If I had multiple phone numbers listed for a contact it would not recognize all of them as belonging to the contact, I'd get the same error message saying the number wasn't in my list. I've since removed Agendus Pro (after reporting the bug - they said it was related to the 800w only) so it's very likely it's an 800w problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    From the today screen, go to menu, preferences, phone settings and uncheck the box that says "After calls from numbers that are not in contacts, ask if I want to add them."

This is definitely a bug. I can call from my home phone, the pop up on the screen says "call from home" and lists my number. After the call ends, I get the message pop up saying that the phone number isn't in my contacts list and asks me if I want to add it. This may be related to the fact that there are multiple numbers (home, work, mobile) listed for the same contact, I don't know. It sucks either way.

There was a similar (or the same) bug when using Agendus Pro. If I had multiple phone numbers listed for a contact it would not recognize all of them as belonging to the contact, I'd get the same error message saying the number wasn't in my list. I've since removed Agendus Pro (after reporting the bug - they said it was related to the 800w only) so it's very likely it's an 800w problem.
    hmmm...there has to be something else going on here...mine works like it should and no one else seems to have that isue.

sounds like there is a discrepancy in how you entered the number for the contact as many of us I would assume, have multiple numbers for a contact.

Try this: delete the contact completely. Soft reset. Now re-enter all the info and see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    hmmm...there has to be something else going on here...mine works like it should and no one else seems to have that isue.
    Well first of all, someone else must have that issue, it's bug #20 reported in the first thread. I also quoted someone looking for a way to disable the pop up at the end of the call asking if you wanted to add the contact to your list (I don't think it's enabled by default, so that's why you may not be seeing it.)

If you are talking about the Agendus Pro bug, I reported it in the Iambic forums and it's been confirmed there.

As far as deleting the contacts and re-adding them, it'll have to wait until tomorrow, I'm ready to turn in for the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Well first of all, someone else must have that issue, it's bug #20 reported in the first thread. I also quoted someone looking for a way to disable the pop up at the end of the call asking if you wanted to add the contact to your list (I don't think it's enabled by default, so that's why you may not be seeing it.)
    I dunno. Maybe it's conflicting with some popular software.

All I know is mine pops up for unknown numbers or if I've called someone who is not listed in my contacts and that it doesn't pop up for my known contacts

A true isolated test will involved you backing up your device. Hard reset. Add your contacts and then try. Also try what I said above.

If you can repeat the problem, that's interesting...

Yes, it's a PITA. But this is what is involved with testing and isolating bugs

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    hmmm...there has to be something else going on here...mine works like it should and no one else seems to have that issue.
    This happens to my wife's 800w including when when she checks her own voicemail. I reentered her own number a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This happens to my wife's 800w including when when she checks her own voicemail. I reentered her own number a few times.
    Another voicemail "bug" if you want to call it that goes like this:

I set up my voicemail speed dial to have the extra digits for the password so after it answers, I press the button for the extra digits instead of entering them manually. This works fine when I want to just go to my voicemail, but if the phone rings and I miss a call and it goes to voice mail, I get a pop up saying I missed a call and have voicemail and there is an option in the pop up to go to voicemail. If I select it from there, the extra digits feature doesn't show up, so I have to enter the password manually. Not a show stopper, just something else that is annoying.
    I dunno. Maybe it's conflicting with some popular software.

All I know is mine pops up for unknown numbers or if I've called someone who is not listed in my contacts and that it doesn't pop up for my known contacts
    Well, things have gotten stranger. Here's what I did this morning. I noticed some of my contacts were listed by last name, first name. My own contact was listed by first name, last name, so I went into my contact list and changed all to last name, first name format.

I also had a separate speed dial key set up to my home phone with extra digits to select the answering machine password. Since this was the same number giving me problems, I did 2 things: 1) I deleted the extra digits portion and 2) I linked this to my own contact (wasn't linked before.) Since then everything has been working correctly.

I'm not in the mood at this time to experiment by going back to my previous settings to try and re-produce the bug so I'll leave things alone for now until I feel a little more adventurous.

By the way, this also seemed to fix the Agendus bug (which was probably the same bug). I re-installed Agendus Pro and it's also correctly reporting my home phone as a known number.

Now, I've read reports where this is an intermittent issue, so I'm not going to get too happy just yet. It could pop up again at any time so for now I'll leave things alone and see if it returns.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast