Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    One of the big bug issues I have is that if a program name is really long and spills off the edge of the window in "Remove Programs", the wrong program gets uninstalled.
    Auto contact lookup when composing a new email or SMS. It's 50-50 whether or not it works. Totally random.
    Well said and I agree 100%.

Also keep in mind since Sprint is the company which goes over the specs with Palm and since the mobile service providers in the US are the end support for almost all CDMA users that pressure on Sprint to work with Palm to get bugs fixed is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    The thing of it is, at least IMHO, is that all phones are going to have bugs and issues. The pace of release of these things, and the costs involved in thoroughly testing them, the complexities involved in real world apps, etc., etc. means that you are going to see issues like this on many smartphones. They may not be the same issues, but there will be issues. I've experienced this on every Treo I've had, and have heard of complaints of various blackberries and phones with other OS's. The iPhone has it's own set of issues.

We all hate to see these things, but the truth of the matter is that you can't escape them. The best you can do is to buy a phone from a company that's fairly responsive about fixing these things. Unfortanetly for Palm, I wouldn't say they are, as their updates normally come out many months after the initial release of the phone. Then again, some manufacturers never provide updates at all. The second thing you can do is to pick a phone that has an online community around it that can either by its numbers pressure the manufacturer into providing fixes before they might otherwise have, or even coming out with hacks/workarounds that will bypass the issues...
    Activesync disconnects when I press the red call end button to turn off the screen and won't connect again without a soft reset. I'm connected via USB cable.

I try to remember to not do that but I still do it once in a while. That's the only issue I have with Activesync and my unit on two different computers. Don't know if it's a bug or just a standard design issue.
    when i plug in and activesync isnt recognized and the red led doesnt turn on, the battery actually drains!?!?
    Not random at all - in the contacts application it is a matter of how it is "indexed" - look closely there.

Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Auto contact lookup when composing a new email or SMS. It's 50-50 whether or not it works. Totally random.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    List all you want but like the 680 it will be a long wait if an update is released to fix any of these. Palms track record is horrible in responding to the user base. They don't have their own feedback forum. Just look at the nightmare GSM 680 users have gone through after the official update release and no fix for that either. Most have resorted to custom ROM for their bricked or unusable Treos. If it isn't solid out of the box like RIM then I would not want one.
    Some more for the list.

1. Provide control over the low-battery notification on the setting menu - the Low Battery menu (on Sound & Notifications) can be activated via regstry tweaks but does not seem to control the behavior at all.

2. The low battery notification wakes up the device and even when Keyguard is active, the screen will remain on until the notification is manually dismissed; this behavior can rapidly drain the little battery power left.

3. The Backlight control does not work, the device will dim the screen in 30-seconds regardless of the chosen value; the settings need to be changed via regstry tweaks to make them "stick".

4. Screen saver will sometimes turn on the backlight at full intensity after receiving an email. This happened on my Treo draining the battery very quickly on several occasions; I turned off this feature and so far is much better.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    List all you want but like the 680 it will be a long wait if an update is released to fix any of these. Palms track record is horrible in responding to the user base. They don't have their own feedback forum. Just look at the nightmare GSM 680 users have gone through after the official update release and no fix for that either...
    Yeah, was there for the T700p saga myself.

They way I see it, this WM device is better suited than the HTC for one handed operation (with keyboard I mean, I don't like tapping the screen with my fingers), that is why I like it, but it certainly has several faults. I hope the sooner we compile these and notify Palm about them, the sooner we may get some fixed.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    My list got zapped early in the game. I now use MemMaid to delete applications - that list has not been messed up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    One of the big bug issues I have is that if a program name is really long and spills off the edge of the window in "Remove Programs", the wrong program gets uninstalled.
    too many bugs to fix lets just melt them all down and recycle them into 850's that will have the same bugs.
    Well, nothing comes out perfect. Overall I am very satisfied with it, though the issues I have with it number a grand total of 1; the rest are not important to me.
    Not a bug, more of a request...

Make the option key "stick" like on the Palm OS Treos, this can go a long way to improve one-handed operation.

mine randomly decides to not display an incoming call number as a recognized contact even though I have it entered. Soft reset fixes it tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Not a bug, more of a request...

Make the option key "stick" like on the Palm OS Treos, this can go a long way to improve one-handed operation.
    This has been done with the Treo Pro and I'd love a backport.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    When I use it to cook my toast, sometimes it's a bit dark.

(Actually, I'd second the option key fix for shortcuts. It's not a biggie, but it would make life easier)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Since the Treo800w and Pro share very similar OS and hardware, I figure this should be quite easy to incorporate on a future ROM update, whenever that may be...

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    This has been done with the Treo Pro and I'd love a backport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    When I use it to cook my toast, sometimes it's a bit dark.

(Actually, I'd second the option key fix for shortcuts. It's not a biggie, but it would make life easier)

Every time I check my voicemail, it asks me if I want to add my own phone number as a contact. Even if I create a contact for myself, it does not make the message stop coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Every time I check my voicemail, it asks me if I want to add my own phone number as a contact. Even if I create a contact for myself, it does not make the message stop coming up.
    I have not experienced this one yet.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i dont remember how exactly but theres a setting to turn that off i think in contacts and theres a settings/options menu to click. Its something like ask to add new contact after call.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast