Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Anyone know anything about this holster?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Holster-Car-Char...d=p3286.c0.m14

Looks interesting and a lot less expensive than the nice one Seidio sells.

UPDATE:

Same thing, different seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Swivel-Bel...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Although I have no experience with this specific holster, I can tell you this; From my experience "You get what you pay for" I recently purchased the seidio plastic holster and have been impressed.

I have purchased similar holsters for my Treo 700p and within 1 week it broke from the small tabs that it sat in.

Despite the recent (minor) problems with the seidio holster and some of their other products (stylus) - I purchased anyways. I've been satisfied now for one week with moderate to heavy use of my holster and stylus. My only major gripe is PRICE. Do I feel this product is worth $29.95 - Absolutely not. Would I recommend - Yes, with the caveat of it's price.

$15.95 or even $19.95 would be easier to swallow...

Considering this holster is only, roughly, $7-8 you might want to bite and give us an idea of it's quality and durability. Heck who knows, if it's equal to or greater than the Seidio holster maybe they would consider lowering their price ...
    I dont blame them for charging $29.95 because they are pretty much the only ones selling it so its a supply vs demand issue. If the holster was $20, I doubt it would sell THAT much more, so they are maxmizing profit here.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
    Although I have no experience with this specific holster, I can tell you this; From my experience "You get what you pay for" I recently purchased the seidio plastic holster and have been impressed.

I have purchased similar holsters for my Treo 700p and within 1 week it broke from the small tabs that it sat in.
    i totally disagree. not to diss Seidio, but you REALLY honestly truly think their holster cost $30 to produce? No cmon. They make a huge profit off their products because they are desired and trusted by consumers, just like if you go buy name brand stuff vs generic brand- most of it is just the name. Plastic is plastic is plastic its all the same. If its going to break its going to break, no matter where you get it from. Its all just plastic in the end. sure the more expensive one may possibly be very slightly stronger plastic, but its up to the consumer if they wanna pay double for that.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'd gladly pay $15.00 for the Seidio. But, I just can't afford $30., plus shipping, for a plastic holster.
    I don't doubt that it's good quality and better than the one's I've linked to on ebay, but I'm sure there are lots of others like me who just can't justify paying what Seido charges for their stuff. Knock a solid 30% off their prices, and I'd bet they'd sell a LOT more. (Even if they did so via combination packs.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    this clip has the window that seidio holster should have, tho i bet its flimsy and cheap. seidio one is SUPER solid. I got a defective one and am trying to get seidio to replace it now.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I originally had a Seidio holster with my Mogul. I broke it and replaced it with a cheapo from Ebay. I never had any problem with it. I say if it is what you can afford, get it and hey if it last even a few months I think you will have gotten your moneys worth. I got lucky and found a ebay vendor selling the Seidio holster plus I had an ebay coupon so I ended up getting one for my 800w for around $20.
    Hrm...what will this button do.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    i totally disagree. not to diss Seidio, but you REALLY honestly truly think their holster cost $30 to produce? No cmon. They make a huge profit off their products because they are desired and trusted by consumers, just like if you go buy name brand stuff vs generic brand- most of it is just the name. Plastic is plastic is plastic its all the same. If its going to break its going to break, no matter where you get it from. Its all just plastic in the end. sure the more expensive one may possibly be very slightly stronger plastic, but its up to the consumer if they wanna pay double for that.
    No No No, you misread it (or I wasn't clear enough). What I was refering to, and maybe it was more my grammar than anything, was I've purchased an ebay holster (cheapo) before and it broke within 1 week. The Seidio is of good quality however not worth the $30+ in my opinion. The more and more I use I think to my self why the heck did I spend so much...
    I personally would like to buy the holster and stylus but being the cheap ******* that I am having a really tough time shelling out nearly $50 for two essentially nonessential items

add to it another battery (when the extended comes out) and a car charger and an extra home charger and that is nearly $150 in accessories which is more than I paid for the phone.
    well i can suggest the flex armor case. it is only 10 bucks. it is a rubbery but it has the silicone outside. it is nice as well.
    i spent 70 bucks and got the innocase, flexarmor case, car charger, and stylus and all of the products are quality made.
    my gf has a a cheap case from a vendor in the mall, it is a slippery cheap feeling case. granted it can take a beatin but it scratches like crazy. i dont see any scratches on my seidio case and i have already dropped it a few times at a car show this weekend.
    like everybody says you get what you pay for.