1.    #1  
    I have set up a pop/smtp (yahoo) account in Outlook Mobile on my 700wx, and I prefer to only pull down new emails when I select Menu > Send/Receive (even though I have unlimited data).

However, when I sync my 700wx to the PC I noticed that Outlook Mobile will connect (through the internet, not the radio) and pull down new emails (BTW, E-mail is unchecked in the content sync settings on the PC so it is not coming from Outlook on my PC). This slows down the sync.

I tried the 3 choices (Automatic/Work Network/The Internet) in Mobile Device Settings > Connection Settings on the PC, but in all 3 cases the 700wx still connected and downloaded the new emails.

What I found is that if I selected Work instead of The Internet in the 700wx > Outlook Mobile > Menu > Deliver Preferences > Auto Sync tab > Connection it does not pull down emails, but still displays the Connecting message briefly in the Outlook Mobile status-bar. Also, now it says "Can not connect" when I sellect Outlook Mobile > Menu > Send/Receive so I had to switch it back to The Internet.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Should I be using ActiveSync 4.5 instead?

Phone:
    Sprint Treo 700wx:
    Stock Windows mobile 5.0/5.1.195
    just updated to TREO700WX-1.15-SPNT
    Today Agenda 1.1
    Google Maps 2.2.0.16

Outlook Mobile > Menu > Deliver Preferences > Auto Sync tab:
    No: Connect and check for messages every:
    Connection: The Internet/Work

PC:
    Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
    Office Outlook SP1
    Windows Mobile Device Center and Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update

Mobile Device Settings > Change content sync settings:
    No: E-mail, Appointments, Contacts
    Yes: for everything else

Mobile Device Settings > Connection Settings:
    Yes: Allow USB connections
    No: Allow connections to one of the following: Bluetooth
    This computer is connected to: Automatic/Work Network/The Internet
    Yes: Allow automatic device authentication
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I can answer part of your question.... no, don't use ActiveSync. It's designed for XP. Vista requires WMDC.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/28/2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: adjusting the dot no so Spambot won't moderate quoted post
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    ... no, don't use ActiveSync. It's designed for XP. Vista requires WMDC.
    Thanks, I did not know it was like that.
  4.    #4  
    I usaly only do send/receive on way to work in the morning to check for new emails, and during lunch.

But whenever I sync phone to PC, apparently Outlook mobile decides that internet connection is available and connectes and does send/receive for the configured pop account - this is slow so I do not want it to take place every time I sync.

Has anyone else run into this and is there a way to turn this off (and it did not seem like it did this in ActiveSync)?