1.    #1  
    650 has lots of ongoing problem for me and palm tech support cannot help either

1) BT headset: wasted me tons of money but never get resolved
    2) Sync with outlook 2007: always problem such as the float event always appears full-day event in outlook, cannot sync suddenly, duplicate all my events etc.
    3) Very unstable on internet browsing
    4) Easy crash generally
    5) Too small space
    6)
    7)
    8)

I can list dozens of complaints here....
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post

2) Sync with outlook 2007: always problem such as the float event always appears full-day event in outlook, cannot sync suddenly, duplicate all my events etc.
    4) Easy crash generally
    5) Too small space
    6)
    7)
    8)

I have 650 and no problems here, for me is the best phone of Palm. The 850 is not my choice, because I Do not like windows. I have now an Iphone and is a pretty nice Phone, I like it. Palm with windows is a looser horse. This is my oppinion. May be Palm wake up at the future, for now, is dead.

4) Easy crash generally
    5) Too small space
    6)
    7)
    8)

Dude, everything since 2004 has been better than the 650. I went from a 650 to 700p and then 700Wx.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    wow someone still using the 650. I used to use that. It had it issues . the 700P was a better phone but still had issues. I finally moved to WM and the 800W and its been terriffic. As for your question sure the 850 will be better. its a newer device.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I'm looking to move on from my 650, the phone is very poor, esp when the signal's anything but strong, it breaks up, loses calls etc. I have to put it on speakerphone to avoid that and even then it's far from perfect, seems like holding it near my body absorbs the signal.

But if the phone on the Pro is no better than the 650, I might go to the Bold. Have later Treos been having better phones than the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I'm looking to move on from my 650, the phone is very poor, esp when the signal's anything but strong, it breaks up, loses calls etc. I have to put it on speakerphone to avoid that and even then it's far from perfect, seems like holding it near my body absorbs the signal.

But if the phone on the Pro is no better than the 650, I might go to the Bold. Have later Treos been having better phones than the 650?
    I used to own a Treo 650, and experienced everything you described. I now have a Treo 750 and it is like night and day. I would say that the phone is probably as good or better than the 750, and I've been very happy with the 750.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I used to own a Treo 650, and experienced everything you described. I now have a Treo 750 and it is like night and day. I would say that the phone is probably as good or better than the 750, and I've been very happy with the 750.
    Thanks, Phrog, that's reassuring.

Though, now it's apparently been revealed that the Pro is made by HTC, I guess I should be asking how HTC's phones compare to Treos....
    HTC has been a long time WM device maker. they have solid phones. in fact the treo 750 is made by HTC [codename: HTC Cheetah]
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    My 650 was a work horse, I loved it, never realy had a problem with, used it for 3 years finily the headphone jack died and I got a Centro.
    Terry
    The 650 was an excellent phone, and still is. I've been using my customised 650 for three years (Xiino instead of Blazer, Snapper instead of Versamail, etc) and I've never had a reason to upgrade. Everything has always run smoothly. It's been seamless.

However... all good things must come to an end. The relationship between the 650 and I had become like a tired old marriage, familiar and easy, but lacking newness and spice. Hence a new Treo Pro lies charging on a desk behind me. And I'm looking forward to facing the changes, particularly a new OS.

BTW, I tried out an iPhone yesterday and after half an hour of one-handed use my thumb began to ache from darting all over the screen. I don't expect the Treo Pro to be as great for one-handed navigation as the 650, but I hope it'll be close.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

4) Easy crash generally
    5) Too small space
    6)
    7)
    8)

That's like asking if a 2008 Ford is better than a 1988 Porsche... Sure in lots of ways it is better, more upto date, cleaner, leaner...

But in its day the 650 was quite the head-turner

I remember buying a pair of jeans specifically because they had a side pocket that perfectly fitted the 650, and I had to pull it out by the aerial stub
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    All your hopes are fulfilled!
    Just call me Berd.