Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Is there an easy way to have a program start automatically after a soft reset? I'd like to have hannip's very useful GPS_tool launch and automatically turn off the GPS after a soft reset.

I found a piece of shareware that claims to do this (http://www.systweak.com/MobileStartu...r/default.asp), but figured I'd see if there a way to do this without installing yet another program on my 800w.
    Like in windows, put a shortcut in the \windows\startup directory.

Surur
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Like in windows, put a shortcut in the \windows\startup directory.

Surur
    Thanks ... now for the next question: I actually want to execute the command with an option (specifically, "GPS_tool.exe -off"), how do I do this? I've tried creating a shortcut, but can't find a way to associate a parameter with the shortcut the way you can in WinXP. Do I need to create a batch file with the command ... and if so, is there a simple batch language in Windows Mobile? Or do I need to install Mortscript? Thanks for the help!
    You don't need a script, just create a shortcut to the tool and add the parameter to the target.

I use Resco Explorer to do that. Steps:
    1) navigate to \Windows\GPSTool.exe, select and press the dpad button until a popup menu appears. Choose Copy.
    2) navigate to \Windows\Startup, and press Menu->Edit->Paste Shortcut.
    3) select the new shortcut and press the dpad button until a popup menu appears. scroll up or down to select Properties. Tap on the Shortcut tab. In the Target field you should see:
    "\Windows\GPS_tool.exe"
    Add the -off parameter such as:
    "\Windows\GPS_tool.exe" -off

that's it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thank you, that did the trick (I just installed Total Commander and used it to set the properties). I guess my mistake was in assuming that Microsoft would provide a File Explorer on WM that could actually do basic tasks such as changing properties ... my mistake!
    on a side note, anyone know how I can get rid of the WPHourlyDataFix window that pops up at each reboot?
    That's a WeatherPanel setting.

I just stumbled onto this thread, and boy did it make my day! Since Sprite resets my Treo every morning when it does its backup, the first thing I've been doing is starting Agendus so that I don't have to wait through its initialization when I need it. But now I have it start itself and will never need to wait again!
    Thank you. But how do I stop it from popping up after each reboot. WP setting only asks for interval (mine is set to manual). Thanks.
    Just a bump to say thanks to hannip again!