1.    #1  
    Alright, the phones been out a while and bugs have been identified. I think Palm should give away a free 800w with a guess of the correct release date of a software update.

So just for fun, when does everyone think a new update will be released, and what do you think it will fix/solve/improve upon?

I think mid-Sept (12th)

Fixes = Vibrate issue, missed calls, volume issue
    Solve = system freezes
    Improve Upon = Notification Sequence/Process/Alarm

Cosmo
    I'll play along...I say October 5th. They are going to be busy finding a carrier for the pro
    I didn't realize we had a consensus on the "bugs"...

for instance, I'm not aware of "system freezes" which are non-third party related, "vibrate issues" (a somewhat vague description) or "notification sequence" (also vague).

yet you left off the probably the biggest one: standalone GPS function?

Since carrier testing alone of any ROM update would take 6-8 weeks, I don't think we'd see anything before the end of the year.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i dunno where OP is getting the notion there will 100% be an update soon. I havent seen any rumors or anything. And not to bash Palm, but they dont have a good track record of quick updates whether they know of the issues or not. the bluetooth patch was in the works before the phone's release and was a patch because they couldnt get it on the device in time so thats a different situation.

I agree dont count on any updates in the next few months at least before 2009.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Please Palm. There are lots of bugs on your 800w!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I don't even agree that some of the things needs to be addressed in an patch. We are talking about a phone that for the most parts works better than any other phone on the market. While I think the GPS could be improved, I wouldn't worry about a patch at all.

So maybe we would be better to start this survey. Treocentral should offer up $100,000,000 to anyone who can guess the date of the first phone that will satisfy every user. If treocentral did that they could gain a lot of visitors and never have to worry about paying it off.
    All I would want in a rom update is to move all the unnecessary software that is installed so I can free up, I am sure tons of ram space. I mean I have about 65mb left, but can you imagine removing all those extra bs programs you dont use. I would probably be at 100mb.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, but that be up to Sprint? I never use those Sprint TV and GPS anyway and I wish I can remove it.

When I had the Mogul, just went it was about to install the Sprint .cab, I just do a soft reset. Cannot with Treo.
  9.    #9  
    At least I know my battery will never rust into place. Even with softreset installed, I have to take the battery out 1 once a week. In all fairness, I love this phone, I love this phone!!!

It is my first WM device. It is not nearly as stable as the old Palm OS. However, I can live with it becasue of the ability to configure and tinker with it. I just hope they improve many of these known bugs soon to make this phone even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    At least I know my battery will never rust into place. Even with softreset installed, I have to take the battery out 1 once a week. In all fairness, I love this phone, I love this phone!!!

It is my first WM device. It is not nearly as stable as the old Palm OS. However, I can live with it becasue of the ability to configure and tinker with it. I just hope they improve many of these known bugs soon to make this phone even better.

Yea I am also in love with this device, I have had the treo 600, 700wx, ppc6700 and by far this is the best feeling, fastest, and feature rich device i have had. Just waiting for someone get this rom modified to kill these extra bs programs. Wish I knew how.