1.    #1  
    What do others think?

Threaded SMS to me is the best thing since sliced bread - dropped by Palm on the new Treo Prp.

Not good enough, Palm!
    WM 6.1 has threaded SMS natively though.. so it's not like it's gone, it's just MSFT's version of it
    WM 6.1 has threaded SMS built in. Some prefer it over the Palm version.
    If you really want the Palm version the hack that people have been using to install it on the 700wx should work on the Pro also. See the top sticky thread on the 700wx forum.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    WM 6.1 has threaded SMS natively though.. so it's not like it's gone, it's just MSFT's version of it
    How is the 6.1 threaded SMS different than the 6.0 version that is on my 750? I like how mine is.
    My take on Windows Mobile 6.1 Threaded SMS/MMS

+ 1 application for all message ~ no need to open 2 apps for messages it's all in 1 place ~ I like this

+ inbox search ~ I find this very useful

+ sms works with jeyo outlook [i can back up all my SMS, MMS is not supported by jeyo currently] - while i used to backup my 750v's sms/mms via copying palmmsgv001 I could not get to them when I switched to my HTC TyTN2.

- mms breaks caller id for sms/mms ~ when you get an mms the name turns into a number, goes back to name when you receive another sms from the contact. I don't get a lot of mms so it doesn't bother me too much and it does go back when you get another sms.

- no more smileys

I think the inbox search alone makes the MS version great. I enjoyed threaded SMS when I had the 750v, installed the extracted version to my WM6.0 TyTN2 but when I flashed to WM6.1 I did not install it anymore because it became redundant.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Is there any way guys to bring my Palm Treo 750 sms's over to Treo Pro. I dont know of a app to read palmmsgvol001 file and transfer to normal WM sms program.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    you can get the palmthreaded sms cab floating around the net. slap it on to the pro but I am not sure how to extract the sms to the default winmob messaging app.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Does anyone know where i can get that verson from? I really like the palm 750threaded sms version verses the newer one. Unless someone can tell me how i can create a "saved" folder for my sms and how i can stop text messages that are longer than 2 messages from coming in as a MMS.
    You could try posting on this thread requesting it, and someone might port Palm's threaded messaging to the Pro.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174835
    I also like how Palm's version you get their picture ID with SMS; why can't MS just be consistent in that regard?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Even though its a different implementation of threaded SMS, does the Treo Pro's SMS program automatically breakup overly long texts into multiple messages? I love how the threaded sms program on my 700wx will just let me keep typing even if I go over the sms-character limit, and intelligently sends multiple messages on its own. Does the Pro's sms work the same way?
    IIANM long messages on the Treo pro are not broken up.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    IIANM long messages on the Treo pro are not broken up.
    They are, but you have to be set up for full sms with your carrier, otherwise you neither send nor receive anything over the initial 160 characters. AT&T charges $5/month for this "service" ;-)
  14. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    They are, but you have to be set up for full sms with your carrier, otherwise you neither send nor receive anything over the initial 160 characters. AT&T charges $5/month for this "service" ;-)
    That's not what happens for me. I can keep typing & if the message is over 160 it goes as one long message if the recipient is also on AT&T & brocken up as multiple messages to others. If the message is really long (not sure how many characters) it automatically gets converted to mms. The same happens if I am the recipient.

Does AT&t handle sms differently in different markets? I am in WI.
    everything runs well on vodafone in france even with more than 160 caraters
    Is there a way I can create a folder in sms to move different text messages to specific folders like in the WM5 sms.

For example if i get an text message with an address i would want to save for later where do i save it to?

It does offer the option save to sim but it doesnt allow you to save/move to a folder. Any suggestions?
    copy the text & paste to a note or task if you want a reminder about it.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Thanx for the suggestion