Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Triple X, yes that works sometimes, but not all. Like this morning, I've had to reboot my PC and then reboot the 800, then connect PC USB to 800 and then reboot the 800. Unacceptable.

Pretty crappy work by Palm or Windows, I guess the both working together =

Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Actually, I don't think that it's Vista. I think that the problem is in Wondows Mobile. I have hte same problem with the 32-bit problem. All I do is reboot the phone and my PC will recognize it.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Triple X, yes that works sometimes, but not all. Like this morning, I've had to reboot my PC and then reboot the 800, then connect PC USB to 800 and then reboot the 800. Unacceptable.

Pretty crappy work by Palm or Windows, I guess the both working together =
    Yes, you are correct. At times I have to reboot the PC as well. But I notice that if you keep the USB cable connected, it just takes some time for it to recognized.

It was worse on XP with the Palm OS. There was a serious bug with the Palm Desktop and XP.

Actually, despite problems it's better than my Treo 700P and XP.
    Somehow I figured out how to make BT sync work with my 800w, I got tired of constantly getting the beeps and error message using USB connection and it not working until numerous resets and reboots. I had to update my USB device and screw around with the 800 to make it work. I still have to reboot the 800 sometimes, but at least I have unteathered syncing. I have been able to move large files too. Think someone was having that problem there.

Well one more problem resolved. I am going to try the stock headset mod using the Radio Shack 3.5 plug. If I get my Shure headset working, even in MONO my gripping might be curtained a little.
    Well should have never said it worked, because with the new day I can't get it to work. Seems some other app is using the port. So now I have to spend about 30 minutes shut everything down then reconfigure and it works until the next day. Not sure if this is Palm, Vista, BT or something Sprint did. My bet on this one is Vista and the new sync manager?

Whinner Beachboy
    Beachboy, have you tried shutting down whatever antivirus/firewall you have running on your Vista machine?
    I too, am experiencing problems with WMDC 6.1 whether if I connect via USB or BT. I have to close WMDC and reboot my phone to establish the connection. If I disconnect and come back to reconnect it may work or may not. This really started within the last two weeks. I had installed the PALM USB update back on August 29th and everything worked fine until two weeks ago.
    Alli, ah my LA friend.

I have gone into Vista firewall and made provisions. It seems as soon as I load Outlook is where the sync problems start. After I reboot my PC, bring Windows Mobile up, then start a sync on the 800w I get good syncing. After I open Outlook and then try to sync again its intermittent and then won't do anything. I continue to get an error message on the Treo about other application using Com 4, which is dedicated I just hate to have to reboot every time I want to sync?

By the way my Vista Outlook 2007 problems with Agendus 5.4 are back. I ignored the error message and Agendus loaded and everything is fine. Then I get Outlook problems and it crashes, can't start up Outlook without disabling AGendus. Filed a CS technical support ticket with Agendus. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Beachboy, have you tried shutting down whatever antivirus/firewall you have running on your Vista machine?
    The only way I can get any of it to work is to keep Windows firewall OFF and use AVG for antivirus - Norton was preventing syncing no matter what settings I used, as was Windows firewall.
    I am syncing using BT on a regular basis, been working for since yesterday, was surprised when I started it today and worked like a charm. Have toes and fingers crossed.
    I was experiencing similar problems with my Dell 8400 not recognizing my Treo 800w. I wound up double-clicking on the Bluetooth Devices icon in the lower righthand corner of my screen (I have a Bluetooth/USB device). I went to the Options tab and the checked the box for "Allow Bluetooth to find this computer". It immediately started working. I then plugged the USB cable back into the bottom of the 800w and then unchecked "Allow Bluetooth to find this computer". It kept synching via the cable.

Whether this will work for anyone else,. who knows?

As to why I didn't keep synching via Bluetooth, I had to leave fairly quickly and just wanted to get the sync done...so I took the route that seemed the safest and fastest.
    One I330 then five 6600's then four 6700's then two 700wx's and now an 800w.
    Divorced since 2005 and still learning life's difficult lessons...

Love your kids more than you hate your ex-spouse.
    Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
    The one who loves the least, controls the relationship...but no matter what, don't force yourself to be the least in love.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12