1.    #1  
    Wifi and Bluetooth off in the wireless manager, Power Vision turned on only, went to mobilespeedtest.com and my download speed was 2.7mbps using operamini.

Right after, 1minute later, same spot same location same desk, etc, i used my buddy's iphone (1st version with edge) same exact website and his speed was 95kbps.

I know edge is slow, but can it be that slow. I am gonna test this vs the new iphone later today to see what the diff is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchuang View Post
    Right after, 1minute later, same spot same location same desk, etc, i used my buddy's iphone (1st version with edge) same exact website and his speed was 95kbps.
    Yes, I remember getting slow speeds like that where I live with my treo 750. That's why I went back to Sprint.
    YouTube video:
    Quote Originally Posted by mchuang View Post
    Wifi and Bluetooth off in the wireless manager, Power Vision turned on only, went to mobilespeedtest.com and my download speed was 2.7mbps using operamini.

I know edge is slow, but can it be that slow. I am gonna test this vs the new iphone later today to see what the diff is.
    FYI

You should not use Opera MINI as a tool for testing as it severely skews the results.

Opera MINI (not Mobile though) operates on a proxy system, meaning all information is passed through Opera's servers first before it hits your phone. So when you do a "speed test" you are actually measuring the speed of their servers, not your phone.

Use Pocket Internet Explorer and www.dslreports.com/mspeed to get your true speed.

EvDO RevA speeds should be around 1400kbps on the high end (it bursts at higher, but that doesn't matter).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I get about 800 kbit/sec on the 800w.
    Wow Im getting over 1500 on DSLreports.
    A little over 800 on the other site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    FYI

You should not use Opera MINI as a tool for testing as it severely skews the results.

Opera MINI (not Mobile though) operates on a proxy system, meaning all information is passed through Opera's servers first before it hits your phone. So when you do a "speed test" you are actually measuring the speed of their servers, not your phone.

Use Pocket Internet Explorer and www.dslreports.com/mspeed to get your true speed.

EvDO RevA speeds should be around 1400kbps on the high end (it bursts at higher, but that doesn't matter).
    what he said!
    I get about 600-800 Kbps (0.230s latency) on 800w in San Jose (using PIE). I will be in SF this weekend. Looking forward to seeing 1400Kbps for once .
    Last edited by bkdude; 09/05/2008 at 09:31 AM.
    I get about 450 Kbps in columbus, OH, and that's Rev A. It isn't always great.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    980 kbps
    .138s latency

for 1 MB file at dslreports

midtown NYC
    I'm at best ever only getting 250, any wonder why?
    I used IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
    I'm at best ever only getting 250, any wonder why?
    I used IE.
    What's the signal strength level reading? (The number of bars for reception?)