1.    #1  
    Hello I'm new here. I've had my Treo 800w for about 2 weeks now. I always fully charge my battery every evening before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning my battery goes from 100% to 50 something % overnight. I can't understand why ...HELP!!!
    You must have some applications running in the background that you are unaware of. Before you start charging tonight, go into Task Manager and kill any applications running.

Also, make sure you don't have Outlook checking for e-mail periodically, so it's not starting up and remaining open at night making data connections.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    You must have some applications running in the background that you are unaware of. Before you start charging tonight, go into Task Manager and kill any applications running.

Also, make sure you don't have Outlook checking for e-mail periodically, so it's not starting up and remaining open at night making data connections.
    Thanks! I check my task manager and everything is 0% under CPU..is that good? How do I check to make sure my email isn't starting up periodically?
    You'll have to check the settings for any mail account you've setup.
    are you saying you are leaving your phone plugged in overnight and when you wake up it goes DOWN even though it was plugged in all night? If so something is seriously wrong. Your phone is supposed to charge not drain.

Have you installed any third party apps or are you running a stock phone?

For the email question...click on the mail button on the front of your phone. Then menu. Then options. Then click on any accounts that you have setup seperately. Then send/receive schedule. The longer the interval the better. I have mine set for every 60 minutes but a lot of people do every 2 hours.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Palm got a .pdf on how to save battery on your 800w.

Most of them make sense to me. I make sure I kill any program when I go to bed. I do not use my phone to check email. Only for SMS and use the web for email.

My phone drain like 5% overnight.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everybody...brothermike, thanks for the email info!
    You might want to check some other threads on this board regarding bad battery life for some other tips.

Among them are turning off the IR beam (Settings - Connections - Beam - uncheck box).

And turning the GPS to 911 Only instead of Location On. Go to the Today screen. On the Sprint line, on the right side is the GPS icon (a bulls-eye like icon). Tap that and make the change to 911 Only.

These are the ones that made a significant impact on my battery life.

BTW, it's OK to keep your device plugged in charging all night. You don't have to unplug it once it reaches 100 percent, if that's what you're doing. If you do keep it charging all night and it still drops to almost 50 percent, as brothermike pointed out you have a serious problem with either the charger or the battery and you need to get to a Sprint store and get some help.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    I have a quick related question.

I notice that whenever I use data after a soft reset I get that "Dialing #777" message. Now lets say I put the phone down and pick it up an hour later...I don't get the Dialing #777 message. Does that mean that it was connected that entire time?
    Last edited by wildrage; 08/23/2008 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I have a quick related question.

I notice that whenever I use data after a soft reset I get that "Dialing #777" message. Now lets say I put the phone down and pick it up an hour later...I don't get the Dialing #777 message. Does that mean that it was connected that entire time?

Most probably, yes. To check how long it's been connected, click on the connection icon in the top status bar (the icon that has an EV over two opposing arrows). This brings up a dialog box which shows the running time the connection has been on continuously.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Hey check out this thread...I was having the same issue, but this seemed to fix it. Now my batter will last all day instead of having to charge 2-3 times a day...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169988
    As a test of my 800w's standby battery life, this weekend one night I turned off all applications via Task Manager. WiFi was off. I left the GPS radio and Sprint Power vision on. I don't believe the data connection was active and with all applications killed it probably would not matter.

I turned the device off and checked it the next day exactly 9 hours later. The battery had drained only 4%. At that pace I was well in line to have over the advertised 200 hours of standby time.