1.    #1  
    I have a phone that is on a corp account and am alowed only a few phone selections. I currently have the 700wx, is there a was to change to a new phone without involving verizon? Changes to my account can only be done through my corp, and the reps at the store can not change anything on the account.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dxl007 View Post
    I have a phone that is on a corp account and am alowed only a few phone selections. I currently have the 700wx, is there a was to change to a new phone without involving verizon? Changes to my account can only be done through my corp, and the reps at the store can not change anything on the account.
    Well, you certainly could change the ESN to what ever phone you want to just be aware of the following:

It is illegal in the US (like felony illegal).

You probably would get fired if they found out at your job. I know I would fire an employee for committing a felony because they didn't like the phone I gave them and was paying for.

Your other options:

1. Sleep with the person responsible for the cell phone. You have to ask yourself if that would be worth it but I bet you could get it changed that way.

2. Get some dirt on the person who can make changes. Blackmail them into letting you change it. If they are the resident computer nerd chances are there is something they have done that you could hold over their head.

3. You could even combine the first two options here. You might get dirty looks all the time but a well placed sex tape can do wonders for favors.

4. Put together a solid business related explanation on why you need a different phone. Most people are reasonable and if it something you feel is essential to your job, go for it.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Gotta 2nd Asbestos' post. It's very illegal to clone a good ESN onto a phone with with a blacklisted ESN and then use that phone on a carrier's network. That's good for a felony conviction in the State of California.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

4.    #4  
    FYI, I went to the store and paid full retial for a phone and they were able to add it to the account no problem... sweet! I got the i760 and it has the ROM up grade from Samsung to WM6.1.