Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had thought Seidio said they would have a 3.5mm adapter for the Treo 800w ready in 1-2 weeks. I believe that was about 3 weeks ago.

Is Seidio not releasing one? Is anyone else coming out with a small, compact one that works?

I really think Palm should have included this or did the sensible thing (like what they did for the Treo Pro *grumble*) and actually build one in. I mean, with features like SprintTV why wouldn't you want to use headphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I had thought Seidio said they would have a 3.5mm adapter for the Treo 800w ready in 1-2 weeks. I believe that was about 3 weeks ago.

Is Seidio not releasing one? Is anyone else coming out with a small, compact one that works?

I really think Palm should have included this or did the sensible thing (like what they did for the Treo Pro *grumble*) and actually build one in. I mean, with features like SprintTV why wouldn't you want to use headphones?
    Am awaiting the same, want to order the Stylus et al from them, but want to do it all in 1 order, so that I only pay s&h once.

Seidio if ur listening...pleeeeze hurry up with the 3.5mm adaptor...

BigMots
    Let me see what I can find out.

Thanks,
  4.    #4  
    Thank you! I really hope one comes out soon (and is very compact; idealy with it looking like it's flush and part of the bottom of the phone). I still have a hard time believe that in 2008 many phones still do not include a 3.5mm jack (even the diamond doesn't I believe, which is insanely stupid).
    This is the one item that I'm on the edge of my seat for too.
    here here
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yes sir, count me in as well. I second evryones opinion thus far.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I've been waiting for one as well.

Seidio how about an adapter with 3.5 and also another microusb so that u can listen and charge your phone at the same time?

I've been dying for one of those since I listen to internet radio all day at work and have to keep listening for awhile, then stopping to charge for an hour each time.

Any others in the same boat? I know they used to have one of these for HTC.

J
  9.    #9  
    I think the perfect solution would be a thin yet curved option that plugs in and basically adds a slight extension to the phone (so you don't notice it too much) and that would have a MicroUSB and 3.5mm jack in it.

At least it wouldn't look as ugly as most MiniUSB to 3.5mm adapters look, heh.
    I need the car charger/3.5 adapter combo, BADLY!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    I've been waiting for one as well.

Seidio how about an adapter with 3.5 and also another microusb so that u can listen and charge your phone at the same time?

I've been dying for one of those since I listen to internet radio all day at work and have to keep listening for awhile, then stopping to charge for an hour each time.

Any others in the same boat? I know they used to have one of these for HTC.

J
    I thought I've seen that on the Palm site.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    I thought I've seen that on the Palm site.
    I see this one, but I'm looking for one that has a 3.5 and a micro usb on it so that someone could plug a charger into it to charge as well as standard 3.5 headphones.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

That link is just 2 micro usbs

~J
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    I need the car charger/3.5 adapter combo, BADLY!
    Ditto!!! I'm currently getting by with a Jabra BT3030 and I can't use it while it's charging!
    Maybe i don't understand what is so hard about producing this product and why it's taking so long. I think I am going to just do the splice thing.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Well, it's a little more complicated than just splicing things together. They have to figure out what the market is looking for and whether the majority of customers are going to use it properly. If customers buy their product and don't use it properly, it could come back to bite them. For example, here is an example of a 3.5mm plug:

You see it has a transmit and receive, which is not a 3.5mm stereo plug. It's for a 3.5mm mono cell phone headset.

What you would need for a 3.5mm stereo headset, such as the one that comes with the Treo 800w, is a female version of this:

That one has ground, two transmits, and one receive. So that is what they could provide. And some of the people in this thread would be happy with that. They just want to be able to use a 3rd-party 3.5mm stereo cell phone headset.

However, other people in this thread want to plug their Treo800w into their car stero or a casette adapter. Some of those poople might try to fit a stereo 3.5mm male plug into the 3.5mm female stereo plus microphone adapter. That won't work.

The best possible solution is to provide a microUSB to 3.5mm stereo + microphone adapter (for peole who just want to use a 3rd party headset) and include an adapter that splits the stereo and microphone (for people who want to hook it up to their car stereo), maybe with the microphone embedded within the adapter. However, that adds cost and complexity. And people on here will whine that it's too expensive. And other people will complain that it doesn't work when they plug the wrong thing into it.

I don't blame Seido for taking their time with this.
    Last edited by Rhody; 08/24/2008 at 03:51 PM.
    I think it's simple really - it just needs to allow the use of a 3.5mm mini stereo adapter which is easy. It should support using the palm splitters/mini usb hub if you want to charge at the same time (say for instance in your car for GPS audio output and/or microphone lead).

I quess the main question is whether to include the lead for the mic or not. If I were them I would either make 2 versions, or include an adapter if you wish to use a mic lead. I would prefer not to see something that has a built in mic because that prob won't suit most peoples needs just as the crapsets don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Well, it's a little more complicated than just splicing things together. They have to figure out what the market is looking for and whether the majority of customers are going to use it properly. If customers buy their product and don't use it properly, it could come back to bite them. For example, here is an example of a 3.5mm plug:

You see it has a transmit and receive, which is not a 3.5mm stereo plug. It's for a 3.5mm mono cell phone headset.

What you would need for a 3.5mm stereo headset, such as the one that comes with the Treo 800w, is a female version of this:

That one has ground, two transmits, and one receive. So that is what they could provide. And some of the people in this thread would be happy with that. They just want to be able to use a 3rd-party 3.5mm stereo cell phone headset.

However, other people in this thread want to plug their Treo800w into their car stero or a casette adapter. Some of those poople might try to fit a stereo 3.5mm male plug into the 3.5mm female stereo plus microphone adapter. That won't work.

The best possible solution is to provide a microUSB to 3.5mm stereo + microphone adapter (for peole who just want to use a 3rd party headset) and include an adapter that splits the stereo and microphone (for people who want to hook it up to their car stereo), maybe with the microphone embedded within the adapter. However, that adds cost and complexity. And people on here will whine that it's too expensive. And other people will complain that it doesn't work when they plug the wrong thing into it.

I don't blame Seido for taking their time with this.
    Last edited by we350z; 08/24/2008 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Let me see what I can find out.

Thanks,
    hi

Any luck with an ETA for the dates on the 3.5 mm adaptor.

thanks

BigMots
    So where do we stand with this?

I have $300 earbuds i want to use with this phone.

This is rather aggrevating that this adapter has not come out yet. I decided not to return this phone expecting this adapter would come out. I need to be able to use headphones with my phone. Wireless is not an option.
  19.    #19  
    Seidio, any updates?
    OK guys....I have some bad news.

I found out today that this audio adapter is more difficult than we had previously anticipated.

The decision has been made to put this project on hold indefinitely. If something changes I will definitely let you know.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast