Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I saw that $36 deal on newegg last night. Do you know how their "bulk" version is any different from the non-bulk version?
    I just received the BT3030 bulk from newegg a couple of days ago. As far as I know, other than the fact that it comes in a plastic bag, instead of a nice package, there is no difference. And I got it for $29 plus shipping, which was the price a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by neil1492 View Post
    Good find.

Has anyone used the BT3030 and Hannip's bitpool application with the 800w?

I am interested in getting it but I don't want to be running into issues.
    I have used the BT3030 and Hannip's application, but since I haven't really loaded my music on the phone yet, I only played some pre-loaded sounds. It sounded fine to me, but 2 caveats. First, I am certainly not an audiophile by any means, and second, I was using some nondescript pair of headphones plugged into the BT3030. However, I have no reason to believe the sound would not be perfectly fine without any issues.
    I saw that $36 deal on newegg last night. Do you know how their "bulk" version is any different from the non-bulk version?
    No retail packaging (no box) but usually with retail warranty. With Newegg, which is a very reputable seller, it is not a return or refurb.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    And I got it for $29 plus shipping, which was the price a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks for letting us know. I set a price alert in hopes that it will drop in the near future. If it dropped before it is bound to drop again. That seems to be how Newegg operates.
    I just received the BT3030 bulk from newegg a couple of days ago. As far as I know, other than the fact that it comes in a plastic bag, instead of a nice package, there is no difference. And I got it for $29 plus shipping, which was the price a couple of weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No retail packaging (no box) but usually with retail warranty. With Newegg, which is a very reputable seller, it is not a return or refurb.
    So do they include the manuals in bulk items? Was a manual included with the BT3030 you ordered BigE54?

I've ordered a good bit from Newegg and always found them to be reputable and good customer service. I've ordered Retail and OEM before, since I'm familiar with those terms and what is different. I never have done an order from "bulk" stock though. I guess if it does not have a manual one could be downloaded online.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So do they include the manuals in bulk items? Was a manual included with the BT3030 you ordered BigE54?
    It did come with a "manual", if you can call a pamphlet a manual. However, it was similar to the documentation I received when I bought my last BT item from Best Buy, so I don't think it was any different that what would be in the retail package
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Was a manual included with the BT3030 you ordered BigE54?
    My experience has been Jabra does not include user guide in their retail packaging. My last three Jabra purchases required me to download it from the Jabra website.
    Please - some help. I read about "I have used the BT3030 and Hannip's application". I found the application and when I unzipped, I found a ton of files. Can someone provide me an *****'s guide to installing this audio adjusting tool - like step one, step two etc. I really am a newbie and have no clue where to start.

This idea of getting the Jabra BT adapter really has me intrigued.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I have used the BT3030 and Hannip's application, but since I haven't really loaded my music on the phone yet, I only played some pre-loaded sounds. It sounded fine to me, but 2 caveats. First, I am certainly not an audiophile by any means, and second, I was using some nondescript pair of headphones plugged into the BT3030. However, I have no reason to believe the sound would not be perfectly fine without any issues.
    My newegg 'bulk' BT3030 came with the charger, pamplet, earphones with one set of covers (think the retail comes with several) all in a plastic bag. I aslo spliced my oem headset and think I prefer the BT3030. Battery life on the 3030 maybe an issue on longer road trips, so anyone know of a car charger for this thing???

Mark B.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
    My newegg 'bulk' BT3030 came with the charger, pamplet, earphones with one set of covers (think the retail comes with several) all in a plastic bag. I aslo spliced my oem headset and think I prefer the BT3030. Battery life on the 3030 maybe an issue on longer road trips, so anyone know of a car charger for this thing???

Mark B.
    What's the power connector on the bottom of the BT 3030? MicroUSB or MiniUSB? That would determine which car charger to use.

Either way, the Sprint Power Pack along with the proper cable would keep this powered.
    CNet Review says the mic on the BT 3030 is bad. See the video. What do you BT 3030 owners say?
    WM Experts - Review: Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

It also features a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone connector for attaching any headphones you wish, as well as a mini USB connector for charging the device (a wall charger is also in the box).
    http://www.jabra.com/sites/jabra/uk-...Specifications
    Charging plug
    Mini USB
    It's MiniUSB, so a MiniUSB car charger is needed. I'm not the battery expert, so I'm not going to suggest which particular MiniUSB car charger is best. The AC Power specs are:
    AC power supply
    5VDC, 0.2A output, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz input
    (The Sprint Power Pack can power this up with no problem at all.)

For use with the Sprint Power Pack, a MicroUSB to USB cable is needed and I've already got that with my BB sync & charge cable. That cable already works fine with the Sprint Power Pack on my BB, so it would probably work well with charging the BT 3030 also, or so I hope if I buy one .

Mark B.
    My gps came with a miniusb car charger, so I use that to charge the device. The thing that sucks is, the bt3030 can't be used while charging. It takes about 2hrs to charge. I'm tempted to get a 2nd one so I can swap and charge.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    CNet Review says the mic on the BT 3030 is bad. See the video. What do you BT 3030 owners say?
    I just tested it once and the party I was calling said it was fine. The mic feature for me is secondary though. The charging plug is mini-usb with 5VDC, 0.2A output, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz input.

Any car chargers?

Mark B.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I just tested it once and the party I was calling said it was fine. The mic feature for me is secondary though. The charging plug is mini-usb with 5VDC, 0.2A output, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz input.

Any car chargers?

Mark B.
    It should be mentioned that the 3030 disconnects it bluetooth while it is charging. In other words you cannot use it while it is charging. Having said that the battery life is pretty good and you can use a standard mini usb cable with a usb car charger (there are plenty of these available -- pretty standard)

OOPS sorry HJB417 already said all this
    For those against the BT3030, keep in mind it is more than a simple BT headphone interface. It also has a mic and allows you to use your headphones as a BT headset too. So you can hear music, a call comes, you take the call and never need to take your headphones off ..
    I don't want to wear headphones in the car - I want to play overmy car speakers - and it sounds like this thing would prevent me from using my normal BT headset when a call comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    I don't want to wear headphones in the car - I want to play overmy car speakers - and it sounds like this thing would prevent me from using my normal BT headset when a call comes in.
    you may still be able to use your BT headset.
    The BT3030 offers the following services:
    Wireless Stereo
    Hands Free

I'm only using thr Wireless Stereo because my 1st phone call with it was horrible.
    I guess it is a maybe. It is a shame to have to use a relatively complex solution when a simple cable would work perfectly.
    I guess it is a maybe. It is a shame to have to use a relatively complex solution when a simple cable would work perfectly.
    Personally, I wish the headphone manufacturer would make BT headphones with noise cancellation already. I don't want to have to use any cable, but their being slow to release what I need binds my hands.
    Anyone tried this?

store.everythingq.com/motorola-headset-adapter/12A45A3533.htm
    Since I've started using the Moto T505 in my car, which for car use is like the BT3030, but sends an FM radio signal instead of using a 3.5mm jack for output, I found it didn't interfere with my BT headset at all. The BT headset takes priority over calls and even if I press the call button on the T505 the call goes to my BT headset (Moto H680). It's very likely the same with the BT3030.

I've gotten so used to the T505 though, that I've stopped using the headset (H680) in the car.

And if the BT3030 works like the T505, the audio for a call could play in your car stereo if you wanted to use it for calls.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast