Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
  1.    #21  
    Crap. Time to badger Palm?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    OK guys....I have some bad news.

    I found out today that this audio adapter is more difficult than we had previously anticipated.

    The decision has been made to put this project on hold indefinitely. If something changes I will definitely let you know.

    I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.


    Thanks,
    UGGG
  3. #23  
    That is very disappointing - but understandable.
  4. klmsu19's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #24  
    i cant see whats so difficult vs a mini usb plug, its the same concept. Try looking around for one for a moto phone, a lot of their phones use micro there have to be adapters out there

    EDIT kinda like this http://www.bestcellaccessories.com/m...source=froogle
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    OK guys....I have some bad news.

    I found out today that this audio adapter is more difficult than we had previously anticipated.

    The decision has been made to put this project on hold indefinitely. If something changes I will definitely let you know.

    I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.


    Thanks,
    Sounds like my purchase of any Seidio accessory is also on indefinite hold.

    BigMots
  6. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #26  
    Sad... while I understand engineering problems particularly for mass manufacturing... I wonder if it would be difficult to reverse engineer the two Palm items:

    The dual USB audio/charge adapter here:
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    and the craptacular headsets they provided:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...35&postcount=6

    Not questioning you seidio -- I am sure the issue is more complicated than what I am suggesting here. I would just love to get a professionally manufactured solution. That hack above is what I am using and it works... just too many/much wire(s) and the Palm microphone in the headset sux bad.
  7. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #27  
    Mogul include 3.5 and the mini USB adapter. Include a leather pouch and another stylus among other things.

    Palm is the cheapest company there is! Shame on Palm!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Mogul include 3.5 and the mini USB adapter. Include a leather pouch and another stylus among other things.

    Palm is the cheapest company there is! Shame on Palm!
    Where did you get your Mogul? I had to buy my 3.5mm adapter online and a case. The Mogul didn't include any of that in the box.
  9. mbabc's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #29  
    Insol,

    Please give us some detailed instructions on your hack. I really need a wired 3.5 solution for my 800w.
  10. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Where did you get your Mogul? I had to buy my 3.5mm adapter online and a case. The Mogul didn't include any of that in the box.
    Are you serious ???

    I guess the first badge of Mogul that I bought 1 year include all of that!

    No wonder my 1 year old Mogul sold for $227.50 last week! Just like the new phone.

    Here is what comes with my Mogul a year ago:

    =====================================

    * Sprint HTC Mogul PPC 6800 PDA phone
    * Lithium Ion Battery (original)
    * AC Phone charger (original)
    * Stereo Headset with Microphone (never used)
    * USB Sync Cable
    * Mini USB to two Mini USB Adapter cable (never used)
    * Mini USB to 2.5 mm Headset Adapter Cable ( never used)
    * 2 Styli or stylus ( one never used)
    * Leather Carry Pouch (never used)
    * microSD 512 MB (never used)
    * Clear Screen Protector (original and never used)
    * Software Installation CD
    * Manuals
    * Original box and packaging
  11. kalibar's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Here is what comes with my Mogul a year ago:

    =====================================

    * Sprint HTC Mogul PPC 6800 PDA phone
    * Lithium Ion Battery (original)
    * AC Phone charger (original)
    * Stereo Headset with Microphone (never used)
    * USB Sync Cable
    * Mini USB to two Mini USB Adapter cable (never used)
    * Mini USB to 2.5 mm Headset Adapter Cable ( never used)
    * 2 Styli or stylus ( one never used)
    * Leather Carry Pouch (never used)
    * microSD 512 MB (never used)
    * Clear Screen Protector (original and never used)
    * Software Installation CD
    * Manuals
    * Original box and packaging
    2.5mm is not 3.5mm. The Mogul didn't include a 3.5 adapter in the box, it included a useless 2.5mm adapter. I had to buy eBay crap to hook a 3.5 into my launch-day Mogul.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    * Mini USB to 2.5 mm Headset Adapter Cable ( never used)
    Oh good. For a minute there I thought you received some special edition Mogul but no, it was the 2.5mm jack you were referring to.

    Still, that's more crap than I received when I bought my Mogul. Half of that wasn't included in the box directly from Sprint (according to the box I had the correct items too). I purchased mine a week or two after the Mogul came out on Sprint.
  13. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #33  
    When did you only receiver half the crab?

    I bought my Mogul in Aug 07 and sold it last week and got the 800w.

    Why cant Seido look at the Mogul adapter and get the 3.5 mm to work? Maybe there are more internal things to it.

    There are no 2.5 mm jack headphone?

    I thought the 800w came with headset speaker and the micro. I guess those are not audiophile enough?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    i cant see whats so difficult vs a mini usb plug, its the same concept. Try looking around for one for a moto phone, a lot of their phones use micro there have to be adapters out there

    EDIT kinda like this http://www.bestcellaccessories.com/m...source=froogle
    that doesnt work, ive tried that along with about 6 other ones off ebay and none work. it would really be nice to use my own headphones or play music on my 800 in my car but ah well, maybe next time
  15. #35  
    Thats it then Im going to radio hack tomorrow to get me an adapter then i will be splicing and soldering the crapset.
  16. #36  
    I have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm for my Moto Q. I think Seidio makes it actually. I remember I bought the wrong one at first on ebay and I only got mono since there is a MIC lead in there.

    Is it possible you could use the mogul adapter + one of these 2.5mm -> 3.5mm jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    When did you only receiver half the crab?

    I bought my Mogul in Aug 07 and sold it last week and got the 800w.

    Why cant Seido look at the Mogul adapter and get the 3.5 mm to work? Maybe there are more internal things to it.

    There are no 2.5 mm jack headphone?

    I thought the 800w came with headset speaker and the micro. I guess those are not audiophile enough?
  17. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
    Insol,

    Please give us some detailed instructions on your hack. I really need a wired 3.5 solution for my 800w.
    See post 16 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...35#post1469735
  18. Bret69's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #38  
    I came across this site with adaptors. Are they what you are looking for? Will they work with the 800?

    http://store.wmexperts.com/smartphon...ies_topsellers

    http://store.wmexperts.com/windows-m...ccessories.htm

    Edit: I don't think this is compatable with the 800w.
    Last edited by Bret69; 09/03/2008 at 01:36 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret69 View Post
    I came across this site with adaptors. Are they what you are looking for? Will they work with the 800?

    http://store.wmexperts.com/smartphon...ies_topsellers

    http://store.wmexperts.com/windows-m...ccessories.htm
    Unfortunately those are MINI-USB adaptors, whereas the Treo is a MICRO USB device. Even the Motorola adaptor avail have not worked due to the pin config on the MICRO USB courtesy of Palm and hell Palm themselves have only managed a MONO adaptor till date. Seidio has completly abandoned plans for the same (thanks again Seidio !!).

    BigMots
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    Sounds like my purchase of any Seidio accessory is also on indefinite hold.

    BigMots
    ^^ QFE
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions