Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When I bought a 755p from eBay it wouldnt activate because the CSR said it was stolen... I called the guy who i bought it from, he called verizon and an hour later the phone was mine. Sometimes they get linked to accounts and they need to clear them.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    just got a phone (not an 800, but this info is germane to this thread) from craigslist. Seller told me it had clear esn. Called vzw, they told it had clear esn. Paid with paypal, got phone, tried to activate, site said phone was already linked to account. Called seller, who now tells me that phone was not his, got from friend, but not on vzw (this story had changed).

Called vzw, they try to activate, but can't do it, even though esn is clear. Phone is not on any stolen/lost list.

Push me up to higher level person, who can see things other cs rep can't, and won't give me details, but says this phone is missinsg from a store near where seller was. Interesting I say, cause the phone was missing the back battery cover, the thing that attaches the tethering cord on demo phones in stores.

I say, you guys are responsible, cause before I purchased the phone, I calledyou and you told me that esn is clear. In fact, you have it the notes that I called you and you told me its clear! Guy gives me name of store and tells me to call them.

Next day I call seller, and say, this isn't clear, how about a refund. He says , OK, he doesn't want any problems, he will send me money, and then I can send phone.

I call store to see if they want to sell cheap (nothing they can do with it now, its used, etc.). They tell me they don't care, phone is now on bad list, written off, try to get your money back.

I call vzw back to try to see if they will bargain with me and give me something refurbed etc, and the CS rep says, we can just reprogram the phone. ESN is not on bad list, so he has me go into settings that most don't know about getting to (dial # with 6 0s), and has me change old phone number to mine, and does a few more things, and low and behold. phone works!

However, I cannot program phone OTA.

This is all because my 650 crapped out 6 weeks ago, and I am waiting for 800 or something new from vzw, and I didn't want blow my ne2 discount on a phone for the 1-4 months till vzw's lineup comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    Called vzw, they try to activate, but can't do it, even though esn is clear. Phone is not on any stolen/lost list.
    The ESN is NOT clear if it's linked to another account
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    called vzw before i got the phone, they said esn was clear. called them after i tried to activate on web, which it couldn't do, and they still said it was clear. don't know what more i could have done. they were the ones telling me it 's clear.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Always always pay with your credit card. It make your life so much easy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12