1.    #1  
    On my 700wx, when I hit the button on the phone to answer a call, it automatically went to my bluetooth. On the 800w, it seems that if I hit the answer button on the phone, the call goes through the phone hardware and the only way it will go to BT is if I hit the answer button on the BT device. For a while, I had this changed on the 800w so no matter which I hit, if the BT was on the call went right to it, but after the latest hard reset, I seem to have switched it back to going through the phone....I have no idea how it changed on the 800w, but it was doing it for a while....

Anyone know if a setting or software that I may have had that made this change, which reverted on the reset.
    Did you re-pair the headset after the hard reset?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Did you re-pair the headset after the hard reset?
    Yep...it works fine when I answer with the BT or initiate a call or swap from thej phone to the BT. I had thought the voicecommand patch had done something before, but I have reinstalled it and no go. Of course, the voicecommand isn't working as before - it's not announcing callers, messages, etc., though I have all of those turned on. Voicecommand works otherwise. I'm gonna play with it some more - I have been in trial for two weeks and not taking any calls for the most part, so I just figured this out today.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I noticed the same thing. If I answer with the BT it works fine, but hit the answer button on the phone it stays on the phone. I'm using a Blueant Z9i
    I know on the 700wx, you could answer on the phone or headset and your conversation would still continue on the headset. But I know after the firmware upgrade (with Sprint), when they added A2DP support, it did change when you answer on the phone, the conversation would continue on the phone, if you answered on the headset, the conversation would continue on the headset.

If you think about it, it actually makes sense, so they probably thought to carry it through the 800w.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    The following can be found on page 98 of the User Guide.

Here are tips for working with a Bluetooth hands-free device:

• To answer a call from a Bluetooth hands-free device, press the button on the hands-free device when the phone rings. (If you answer a call from your Treo, the call audio stays on your Treo, unless you transfer the call to your hands-free device.)

• To make a call using a Bluetooth hands-free device, enter the number on your Treo and then press Phone/Talk .

When answering the call via a Bluetooth hands-free device, I have found that you gotta let it ring through to the Bluetooth hands-free device first.
  8.    #8  
    Well, weird, just started to play with this calling myself with my wife's phone. Green button, answer soft key, both went straight to the headset. And now my voicecommand announcements are working (I did go in uncheck everything and recheck all the options, but don't know for sure if that did it). Oh well, its working again....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    To answer a call from a Bluetooth hands-free device, press the button on the hands-free device when the phone rings. (If you answer a call from your Treo, the call audio stays on your Treo, unless you transfer the call to your hands-free device.)
    Yeah, well I just found this not to be true. I just answered the phone with the phone's buttons and it went straight to headset. I am in the habit of answering with the phone as I am usually checking the caller ID. I guess I don't care why, just that it works and it is apparently.

bclinger may be somewhat correct in letting the bluetooth make its noise before answering. Perhaps that gets the call to the headset.