1.    #1  
    I am on the road alot with my Verizon Treo 700wx. Want to stay in touch with my family. Would like to use Yahhoo Messenger and be able to view web cam. Is this possible with my setup? What software do i need to accomplish this. Any tips would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    but i don't think there is a way to do it on the phone. never seen any ideas anyways. the best recomendation would be to have a laptop. and a internet plan on your phone. you can use your phone as a modem to get on the internet with. if your out on the road somewhere there is a digital signal. there are tons of NETBOOKS OUT now. they are small. relatively cheap. and have a built in webcam. unless you want a full fledged laptop. but these netbooks work the same. they are just small and have a 8.9 in screen. course if you in a motel room. these days just about everyone should have high speed internet. and you don't need internet on your phone. and of course, the yahoo instant messaging program.
    you can try livecast. google it. you can set up an account and then send your family the link. when you open the program on your phone you can broadcast live. the delay is about 5 seconds on good days and 30 seconds on bad days. if your family sets up an account you can visit their webpage and view using wmplayer. not quite the same as yahoo, but the closest I've found. and I've tried a lot.