Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I'm looking for options for GeoTagging Photos, I currently have GPSToday and their Plug-in (GeoTagger), but I have yet to get a picture to show up on a map with Flikr. I've got it running (my today screen matches their screenshot), I'm in an area with an active GPS reception, I take a photo and I don't see anything else happen.

I got an error message once a while ago, dont' remember what it said exactly. But nothing since.

I'd post this at their website but it seems pretty dead. So This is not a question about GeoTerrestial stuff, but rather .. what other options are there?
    Last edited by Kaerey; 08/21/2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: geotoday=gpstoday
    gpstoday has a geotagger plug in.

dunno how well it works as ive yet to use it.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Sorry that's the one I"m talking about. I just mis-named it. I'll edit above post
    michaelpule, in your Flickr account privacy settings, did you uncheck the setting "Hide Exif Data" ? If you did not, Flickr will not use the pictures exif data to put them on the map.

And remember, only pictures uploaded AFTER you uncheck this setting in Flickr will show up correctly. Previously uploaded pictures will still not show up on the map even if they had the exif data, so you will need to re-upload them.

Also, if you continue to have a problem or would like faster resolution of any issues, try posting in the geoterrestrial forum at http://forum.geoterrestrial.com/

EDIT: Also check if you have configured the right picture location folder in the auto-geotagger settings.
    The geotagger makes a clicking sound whenever it geo-tags a picture, so get a current gps fix and turn up the volume before you try it out again to be sure.

Thanks.
    Last edited by GPSToday; 08/21/2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Oh Nice! You responded here, I didnt know the flikr thing so I'll check on that and try again. I did set the right folder, and I've never heard a clicking sound. I'll take future issues over to your site.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    In trying to solve the problem has anyone successfully used GPSToday and GeoTagger with a Palm Sprint Phone?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Looks like the folks at GPSToday has fixed the issues with the 800w. I have a sample of a new version now. It should go public soon and it works great. I would almost consider this a must have for anyone who loves taking random pictures.
    With the assistance of user michaelpule we were able to fix the Geotagger such that it should now work as expected on a Treo 800w.
    If you already have the geotagger installed, please tap on "Check for update" in the GPSToday->Map->Options menu.
    If you don't have the geotagger installed, we encourage you to try it out! Tap on "GeoTag Pictures" in the GPSToday->Map->More menu.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I used the GPSToday geotagger. However, when I upload the pictures to Flickr, I still have to place them on the map. Does anyone have experience with Flickr and geotagging? Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Flicker automatically place pictures correctly on the map if they'are geotagged?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Were you using a Palm device? Apparently you never actually GeoEncoded anything if you are using a palm device (at least the 800w) and GeoTagger. Palm didn't use the headers needed for GeoTagger to add the GPS Data to the file, but this was fixed by the fine folks at GPSToday so it now works.

You also have to check a setting in Flickr to actually import the EXIF Data. It may be set to ignore the data on import.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I had everything set up correctly except importing the EXIF data. I must have missed that the first time. Now the GPSToday geotagging shows up on Flickr. Thanks for the tip.