1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Got my Treo 750 (upgrade from my 2yr old Treo 650) yesterday and I'm in the Rogers network/carrier in Toronto.

I normally store all my contact name/phone number in my SIM card and don't really use the contacts app in my Treo 650. Now with the Treo 750, I'd like to do that. So what I did was in the SIM manager, I copied all the contacts to the WM contacts.

Now in the today screen if I type in a name or phone number, I see the names listed twice (one from WM contacts and one from the SIM card). Is there a way to filter out to show only the WM contacts database instead of including the SIM card contact? In my Treo 650, I was able to filter this by making it show "ALL, or SIM Card only".

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Regards,

Vernon
  2.    #2  
    I may have found an answer here..http://forum.centrospot.com/showthread.php?t=168905

If anyone else have other ideas that I could try, in addition to icontact, that would be great. Thx.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I'm the only one storing phone # in the SIM card LOL!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I think you are, lol..

I do have a question for you though, can you make any of the contacts private in the Sim setting? Or are they all visible>?
  5.    #5  
    Nope, it cannot be hidden or made private. I just checked the Sim manager.

Quote Originally Posted by whytry View Post
    I think you are, lol..

I do have a question for you though, can you make any of the contacts private in the Sim setting? Or are they all visible>?
    I store phone# on my SIM card too.

It is annoying on two aspect,
    #1 I don't really want to see those numbers since I already have them on my contact list and
    #2 because I sync with Outlook and everytime I would remove my SIM and connect to my PC, it reports that I deleted contacts from my contact list. It turns out it is the SIM card entries.

I move my SIM card between my Treo 750 and another cell phone depending on travels.
  7.    #7  
    I found this link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299848

The latter file worked for me (contact list) except for the quick search (typing num/alpha at the today screen) where it still shows duplicates.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    yeah it sucks.
    I've experienced this problem and learned to just live with it until I get myself a new phone.
    I saw some posts a while ago concerning this but never a good solution.
    Another WM6 problem.
    Loved the "antiquated" palm OS but I know it's dated and with no 3G it just doesn't suit my needs
  9.    #9  
    I agree, just have to live with it.

I loved my Treo 650 but the multi-tasking just isn't there and no 3G support.

The Treo 750 is a good tiding phone for me (MHO).

Quote Originally Posted by bg1260 View Post
    yeah it sucks.
    I've experienced this problem and learned to just live with it until I get myself a new phone.
    I saw some posts a while ago concerning this but never a good solution.
    Another WM6 problem.
    Loved the "antiquated" palm OS but I know it's dated and with no 3G it just doesn't suit my needs
    is there a way to hide my sim contacts from the contact list without erasing them from the sim.

i am using exchange push, but shows also my sim contacts.

thanks
    <merged>See postings above for answers.
    hi,

is there a way to hide my sim contacts from the contact list without erasing them from the sim.

As you may have read from the posting above, there are ways but nothing simple like a setting or something.