1.    #1  
    Well, that didn't take long! I left my bag-o-cables sitting on an airplane somewhere and lost (among other cables) my new 800w sync cable.

I understand this is a standard Micro USB B cable - which I believe this is:

Cables Unlimited 2 Meter USB Micro B Cable with Ferrites (USB127002M) ($3.06 on Amazon)

I've ordered a few and will let everyone know how it works out for me.

Any find anything better?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I tried that cable, and it did absolutely nothing. Not sure why. No syncing, no power. Maybe you will have better luck.
    Last edited by BigE54; 08/21/2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Any cheapest cable would do.

For charger, I go to Walmart and get those for the Razr and it work on 800w according to the users here. Check the other thread.
    Just unboxed and tested the Seidio microUSB sync and charge cable. All good, for both power and USB sync. Nice. I have a long 3' non-winding cable, which is nice, but it's sure a pain - I much prefer the wind up Seidio mode.
    try monoprice.com, they have high-quality cables at really good prices. and you don't have to go through ebay or any of that crap.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Just saw the sync & charge cable at treocentral store that winds up.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Any cheapest cable would do.

For charger, I go to Walmart and get those for the Razr and it work on 800w according to the users here. Check the other thread.
    I think you speak a lot without thinking or rathing thinking you know it all. Any cable will not do (I have 3 here from various places that prove that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootup View Post
    I think you speak a lot without thinking or rathing thinking you know it all. Any cable will not do (I have 3 here from various places that prove that).
    Wouldn't it then make sense for you to post why they don't work, or at least give examples of cables that do work?
    Last edited by Trevante; 08/21/2008 at 11:27 PM.
    The reason why most of the chargers don't work with Treo 800w is cause 800w requires a chargers that is capable of outputting 1A. Most of the chargers (even the old Treo chargers) will only out 500mA. This is why when you try to use those chargers the red charging light will not come on in 800w cause its not getting enough power. I too am searching for a good travel and car charger and am concerned about just getting any off the street chargers. I saw this one online but not sure if it will work. Anyone else saw this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/naztech-n300...208606393.html
    Quote Originally Posted by vibster View Post
    The reason why most of the chargers don't work with Treo 800w is cause 800w requires a chargers that is capable of outputting 1A. Most of the chargers (even the old Treo chargers) will only out 500mA. This is why when you try to use those chargers the red charging light will not come on in 800w cause its not getting enough power. I too am searching for a good travel and car charger and am concerned about just getting any off the street chargers. I saw this one online but not sure if it will work. Anyone else saw this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/naztech-n300...208606393.html

Hmm, I have an old 400mA USB car charger that lights up the 800w's charging light with the 800w's USB cable, and the battery status says charging. I haven't had a chance to see if it actually charges yet, but I will tomorrow. I only plugged it in to test it while the ignition was in the accessories position.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I tried that cable, and it did absolutely nothing. Not sure why. No syncing, no power. Maybe you will have better luck.
    After 9 days my 3 cables finally appeared. They sync and they charge - what a relief and what a great price!
    i just ordered:

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...wer+Cable.html

from pocketsolutions.

will report after it arrives.
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    got the cable today.....

works as advertised.....

syncs to my pc and charges from the pc

charges in the car too, connected to my Seidio USB car charger that i bought originally for my 755p

much less mess and fuss than non-coiled cord
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    did it work for you

Quote Originally Posted by gusbrown View Post
    Well, that didn't take long! I left my bag-o-cables sitting on an airplane somewhere and lost (among other cables) my new 800w sync cable.

I understand this is a standard Micro USB B cable - which I believe this is:

Cables Unlimited 2 Meter USB Micro B Cable with Ferrites (USB127002M) ($3.06 on Amazon)

I've ordered a few and will let everyone know how it works out for me.

Any find anything better?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    did it work for you
    In post 11, it says it did.