Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I'm looking to get a good application for managing my finances, where I can either download the my bank statement into it (maybe a CSV import) or something so I can start with a total on specific accounts and enter transactions as they happen. Most likely at the store I buy stuff. I have a house project going on and would like to keep better track of my finances with that among my normal everyday purchases, etc. Import functionality would be great, but I dont know many WM apps that would go to that length. I can export a statement from my bank online that exports as a CSV, and then I can massage that data however the program would like me to.

Any suggestions?
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
    You can check into Pocket Quicken. It will run standalone, but is better if you are using Quicken on your PC. If you do, it will sync automatically via activesync.

I believe the web site is http://www.landware.com
    I have Pocket Quicken POS and yes it works, but has an issue syncing - synching does not always sync everything and the same with my playing with the WM release. I gave up and wrote a HanDBase applet that does it all - to the point that when tax time comes it provides everything needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have Pocket Quicken POS and yes it works, but has an issue syncing - synching does not always sync everything and the same with my playing with the WM release. I gave up and wrote a HanDBase applet that does it all - to the point that when tax time comes it provides everything needed.
    Ouch! Fortunately I have never experienced that issue even though I typically have it set to sync pretty much every transaction possible (vs. only those for the past 3 months for example).
    What was happening: double entries. Entries on the device going to the desktop were with wrong categories or not making it. Once I did an update and had 3 items - it doubled 4 days. After that I deleted it.

I played with the WM release and it also works, but the sync was not what I thought it should be. Using it standalone though does fine.

Also, you cannot edit entries on the device to the extent you can on the desktop.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    anyone have any experience with SPB Finance? I just downloaded the trial and imported my bank file and it seems to work alright. I have to figure out where/why my balance is off, but most likely its because I didnt pay attention
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
    The only thing worth considering IMO is Splash Money. It downloads transactions over the air so you don't have to input any data. I imported older transaction data via the SM desktop. Now I have 5 years of CC info at my fingertips all the time.

Download the demo and make sure your bank / CC is supported.

You can also try out mint.com through Opera Mini.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.