1.    #1  
    This phone is just irresistible and I cant wait to lay my hands over one of these. With AT&T out of the equation, even if for now, there is no chance to get the upgrade discount, and since the price for this phone is definitely higher than my affordable budget range, once I get it, I would want to keep it as protected as I can. I was wondering if there is any way to get the device insured? Is there any third party insurance available that could insure Treo Pro?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  2.    #2  
    My card reader on the treo 750 failed after 14 months of use and is unable to read cards now. palm is asking $199 for repair costs. I hope there exists a way to get treo Pro insured. I dont want to spend $549 each year to upgrade the phone just because of poor build quality.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    My card reader on the treo 750 failed after 14 months of use and is unable to read cards now. palm is asking $199 for repair costs. I hope there exists a way to get treo Pro insured. I dont want to spend $549 each year to upgrade the phone just because of poor build quality.
    I just got a quote on square trade:
    $65.99 for 3 yrs coverage
    $72.00 additional for accidental damage coverage ($50 deductible)

Averaged over 3 yrs, this might be a reasonable option...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jknuckey View Post
    I just got a quote on square trade:
    $65.99 for 3 yrs coverage
    $72.00 additional for accidental damage coverage ($50 deductible)

Averaged over 3 yrs, this might be a reasonable option...
    Thank you. This is a good deal I would say. Thanks.
    anyone ever have to make a claim?
    How did it go?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Vodafone UK offered me insurance at 3.50pm including accidental damage.

I tend to self-insure with personal belongings but am still debating this.
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    This phone is just irresistible and I cant wait to lay my hands over one of these. With AT&T out of the equation, even if for now, there is no chance to get the upgrade discount, and since the price for this phone is definitely higher than my affordable budget range, once I get it, I would want to keep it as protected as I can. I was wondering if there is any way to get the device insured? Is there any third party insurance available that could insure Treo Pro?
    Best is to add it as a rider with your homeowner's or renter's policy. I just call State Farm and give them the Serial #, and they start coverage immediately as an addendum. No deductible and covers everything (execept manufactuer's defects covered under warranty) for $4 per month or so.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I added the phone to my personal articles policy with state farm, full coverage - any accident - for $35 a year or $2.92 per month. All I had to provide was the serial number and proof of purchase price.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33