Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Assuming that the Treo Pro has the same resolution as the 800w I was hoping someone has the ability to lift the task manager software off the phone so we can be lucky enough to install it on ours!

Pllllleeeeaasssseeee.
    Er... Are we aloud to post it here?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    I believe it probably has to be available first, before anyone even tries to rip it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    Er... Are we aloud to post it here?
    Yes, but please not too loudly...
    Alright, I'll break into Palm's headquarters and steal a Treo Pro and rip the task manager for you, but you gotta come along and look out for cops.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Alright, I'll break into Palm's headquarters and steal a Treo Pro and rip the task manager for you, but you gotta come along and look out for cops.
    You don't have to go that far dude. It's standard on many HTC devices I think. I know I have it on my Mogul. Never use it, because it would require me to use the stylus, or try and use my giant thumb to tap the top right corner of the screen.

But then again, breaking into Palm's headquarters sounds like fun. I'll get the black masks, the black ski masks, and the black USB thumb drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    You don't have to go that far dude. It's standard on many HTC devices I think. I know I have it on my Mogul. Never use it, because it would require me to use the stylus, or try and use my giant thumb to tap the top right corner of the screen.

But then again, breaking into Palm's headquarters sounds like fun. I'll get the black masks, the black ski masks, and the black USB thumb drive
    when i tried it it didn't like my phone, probably the resolution. that's why we want the treo 850 version: 320x320
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Are you talking about something like tMan?
    Looks cool. I find holding down the OK button for 3 seconds to bring up the task manager very convenient and quick. Is htc's task manager worth it?
    t-man looks like the Close Button feature of SPB Pocket Plus.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i agree id love to have the htc task manager. it just simply works well to close programs and less invasive on the homescreen than magicbutton, but thats personal preference thing.

hopefully now that the demo units are out there well get a rip of the Pro's task manager for ours. thatd be another great piece to the puzzle
  12.    #12  
    HTC task manager is the best i've found... Doesn't work with Treos resolution. Hopefully someone will rip it or Palm will release an update. I've used it with the touch and it really makes the touch screen more effective in managing the phone without killing any space on your screen.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    t-man looks like the Close Button feature of SPB Pocket Plus.
    Agreed. I think SPB Pocket Plus will do everything the OP wants.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I was just reading the review for treo pro over at wmexperts. The htc programs thats on the pro looks so cool. I want it 2...
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I would also like to be able to use the HTC Task Manager from the Treo Pro on my 800w. Anyone have it?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Here is the one that I use I got it here
    h--p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173
    I used the taskmanager that was there with the non HTC fix.
    I have extracted my fixed files and uploaded them and the cab.
    Install the cab then copy over the two files to the \windows. Then reset.
    h--p://rapidshare.com/files/152833769/HTC_taskmanager.zip.html
    What's wrong with holding down the "ok" button for a couple of seconds to get the Palm default task manger? It seems to do everything the others do.
    I use both what is good about the HTC app is you can set programs to end when you press the X instead of minimize
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks, rattler459, but isn't this a modified version of the HTC task manager, rather than the actual .cab that Palm is using in the Pro? Seems like it would be simpler to just the 320x320 HTC task manager from the similar Treo Pro?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I dont have a treo pro but from looking at the screen shots there seems to be not difference between them.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast