Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You know what's sad? The one thing that made me drop RealVGA and just deal with not being able to see as much is the fact that the stock today plugins don't resize themselves to fit across the whole screen when using RealVGA. I hated seeing the Bluetooth icon closer to the middle of the screen, rather than being lined up at the edge. Same with the lookup field...it stopped about half an inch before the edge of the screen.

Yeah...I'm weird. Little things like that annoy the crap out of me.

I think I may just have OCD about computers and technology in general. Every time I use one of my friends' computers, and I see their music in one giant folder with no organization at all, still displaying the weird random filename that it had when they downloaded it, I just want to punch the owner in the face.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    You know what's sad? The one thing that made me drop RealVGA and just deal with not being able to see as much is the fact that the stock today plugins don't resize themselves to fit across the whole screen when using RealVGA. I hated seeing the Bluetooth icon closer to the middle of the screen, rather than being lined up at the edge. Same with the lookup field...it stopped about half an inch before the edge of the screen.

Yeah...I'm weird. Little things like that annoy the crap out of me.

I think I may just have OCD about computers and technology in general. Every time I use one of my friends' computers, and I see their music in one giant folder with no organization at all, still displaying the weird random filename that it had when they downloaded it, I just want to punch the owner in the face.
    You have *NO* idea how much it irritates me.

Let me put it to you this way. I spent an entire day trying to resize the bitmaps in the 800w's DLL's.

Heck, after using it for a week or so I got fed up with it and switched back to 128 DPI. After about 30 seconds in 128 DPI, I switched back.
    You know what's sad? The one thing that made me drop RealVGA and just deal with not being able to see as much is the fact that the stock today plugins don't resize themselves to fit across the whole screen when using RealVGA. .
    And that's prolly why I haven't had any squams with RealVGA,
    I don't use any Today Plugins.
    My Today is one big list of upcoming appointments.
    My today is running nothing but TreoAlert Pro (which by-the-way displays better at 96dpi)
    and TodayAgenda.

That's just me.
    Another TC member said I had the most boring Today.
    And I wasn't offended.
    Just call me Berd.
    How'd you get rid of the carrier banner?
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    How'd you get rid of the carrier banner?
    Doesn't Treo Alert Pro have an option for that?

On the Pro it's:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless". There you'll find a dword Enabled=1, set this to 0 to disable the Wireless plugin.

May not be applicable to the 800.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    May not be applicable to the 800.
    I do not recommend disabling the carrier or contact lookup plugins on the 800w or 700wx.

I've had some weird experiences with that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yup. Many apps designed for 320x240....or is that 240x320? Just ate lunch and am sleepy ......anyway NOT a square screen doesn't work in 320x320 at 128 DPI. But it WILL work in 320x320 at 96 DPI.

As an example, I believe (and it's been a long time since I tested the two DPI's and what's compatible) that an easy (read: free) example is Max Tillberg's A Viking Saga.

There are still lots of programs which simply don't work, but quite a few either work where they didn't on my 700wx, or work better.
    Cool, good to hear that. I tried a few but not many. Looks like I'll need to dust off more of those ole programs and see if RealVGA can whip 'em into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "scaled 240x240 mode".

Just so we're clear, DPI != resolution.
    Heheh, yeah I understand the difference between DPI and resolution, both the correct classical definitions, and the industry-adopted bastardized definitions, which partially explains my comment... Explaining the rest would require a long technical rant about how WM handles resolutions and I don't want to bogart the thread, man!

Instead I'll just say this, RealVGA rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler459 View Post
    Here is the one that I use I got it here
    h--p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173
    I used the taskmanager that was there with the non HTC fix.
    I have extracted my fixed files and uploaded them and the cab.
    Install the cab then copy over the two files to the \windows. Then reset.
    h--p://rapidshare.com/files/152833769/HTC_taskmanager.zip.html
    thanks...works great!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123