Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Interesting... My touchscreen just stopped working. I tried a soft reset, but that didn't have any effect. I may have to do a hard reset, and if that doesn't work, I may have to exchange it.

Has anybody else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Interesting... My touchscreen just stopped working. I tried a soft reset, but that didn't have any effect. I may have to do a hard reset, and if that doesn't work, I may have to exchange it.

Has anybody else had this problem?
    I had that happen to me 3 days ago, but a couple of soft resets later...it came back to life. Exchanging yours is a good idea, esp if your in the 30 days.

BigMots
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I am not within the 30 days. I tried a few soft resets and no go. Still no touchscreen. I'm in the middle of a hard reset now.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I had that happen a couple of weeks ago. Soft resetting wouldn't help. I needed to hard reset. No prob, though, as I loaded a bunch of stuff when I first got it and needed to make a few choices about what I'd be keeping.

No problems since.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I heard that sometimes dirt can get trapped around the edges of the screen (also a misplaced screen protector)...these may be generatng a 'tap,' therefore paralyzing the entire screen. Try pulling off your screen protector and clearning the screen well. Use a business card to ensure there is no gunk caught around the edges of the screen. Good luck!
    Wildrage, thanks very much for this suggestion!! Indeed, I had just replaced the screen protector, and did so without being careful about it. It was to far to the right-hand side of the screen, and caused the touch screen not to work.

I took off the screen protector, and it worked immediately. I just have to be more careful!! Thanks again!!

David
    This happened to me after I was soft-resetting my phone while it was still connected to the computer and it froze at the palm logo screen.

After I noticed the touchscreen wasn't working, I tried soft-resetting via QuickMenu and that didn't solve anything. Finally I took the battery out and reset it that way, and it solved the problem.