1.    #1  
    Hi everyone - I'm new to Treo and new to this forum.

I have an AT&T 750 officially upgraded to WM6. I like the device very much except for one potential deal killer - after the screen times out, when you press the "end" key to bring it back on it also returns you to the Today page. I like to read ebooks (Mobipocket) and blogs; having it return to the Today page everytime the screen blacks out is a *GIANT* pita! It then takes 3 or 4 keypushes to get back to where I was.

No other PDA or Smartphone I've every used does this. Is there a setting or tweak or something to disable it?

Thanks,
    John
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hey john,

the only thing I can think of is adjust your battery settings. its default to have it set as "turn device off if not used for 1 minute." you can change it to stay on longer that way you don't have your screen timing out but make sure if you do this change the setting on the backlight also. but beware it will drain your battery faster
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    This is a feature Palm stuck in there, and I don't know of a way to disable it. But I have found that in other apps, when the screen times out the first press of the power button brings me back to where I was, rather than the Today screen.
  4.    #4  
    Well, thanks guys.

No matter what application I'm in, it always goes back to "Today".

I can't believe more people don't find this as annoying as I do. In fact, it's so annoying that I'm dumping the Treo and going back to the Moto Q9h - now with WM6.1. It's a shame - I do like just about everything else about the 750...

The Treo Pro does look nice. I'll probably stick w/ the Q9 until WM7 devices start coming out.

Thanks,
    John
    I am not sure whether it is the features of WM6.0. I would suggest you to assign a key for the application that you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jprchri View Post

I have an AT&T 750 officially upgraded to WM6. I like the device very much except for one potential deal killer - after the screen times out, when you press the "end" key to bring it back on it also returns you to the Today page. I like to read ebooks (Mobipocket) and blogs; having it return to the Today page everytime the screen blacks out is a *GIANT* pita! It then takes 3 or 4 keypushes to get back to where I was.

No other PDA or Smartphone I've every used does this. Is there a setting or tweak or something to disable it?

Thanks,
    John
    I have an unbranded 750. When I press the end key to turn power back on again I'm still in the program where I was last - it doesn't automatically go to the Today screen.
    that happens if you let the device turn off on it's own, but not if you turn the screen off manually (requiring two presses of the end key)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jprchri View Post

Thanks,
    John
    If you hold the option key and then press the red end button simultaneous the screen will immeidately time out and you will still be where you were last like in mobipocket