1.    #1  
    Well, at least my ringer volume's (PLURAL) including messenger w/o any of the registry tweaks posted here....

There is also a setting for "louder volume" and says "On some devices, incl Treo 800w will make volume/speaker louder"

I have not tested it yet but its nice to know its there!
    yeah, it's working pretty well.

his next "fix" is for the LEDs which should be done shortly

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
    Well, at least my ringer volume's (PLURAL) including messenger w/o any of the registry tweaks posted here....

There is also a setting for "louder volume" and says "On some devices, incl Treo 800w will make volume/speaker louder"

Where is the setting for louder volume? I don't see it anywhere.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcuswalk View Post
    Where is the setting for louder volume? I don't see it anywhere.
    Under Advanced menu ("Adv")

What's the difference in volume level (in your opinion?)? This is one area of the 800w that I would like improved. At times, I can't hear my phone ringing (even when it's close by).

Cosmo
  6.    #6  
    To me the level is excellent now, just like my 755p without distorsion. You can d/l the trial and see for yourself!
  7.    #7  
    Well, nevermind! My sound volumes have gone back down.... I played with the sound profiles, and disabled SPB mobile shell which I maybe thought was messing with it because it has sound profiles too. But alas, my volumes are very weak again.

edit: Well it seems the default palm sound/notifications manager has taken over some how.

Looks like phonealarm had a fix in the most recent version I'm running: "Ringtone restored to profile setting if changed by system phone application"

doesn't seem to be working.
    Last edited by slopokdave; 08/20/2008 at 07:37 PM.
    Same here and the size of the icons - difficult to see.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Same here and the size of the icons - difficult to see.
    I'm using the allrock 4 skin. Icons are more spread apart and look nice; I can press them without using the stylus for my finger-only theme!
    did the volume increase for sms messages?
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
    did the volume increase for sms messages?
    Yes I believe it did. I posted a message on the phonealarm forums for support. If this works I'd be willing to buy!

I'm sure something else (like volume care) will come along too right?
    Yes I believe it did. I posted a message on the phonealarm forums for support. If this works I'd be willing to buy!

I'm sure something else (like volume care) will come along too right?
    sweeeet, im gonna go dig up the email with my registration when i bought PA on my 700wx.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?