1.    #1  
    I want to grab this cab file and install it on my 800w, but their page sees my 800w and shows it as non-supported and won't let me get the cab. Can someone who's using another browser or a device that's supported grab the cab and post it?

Link to the OTA download:

http://wsj.dj.actionengine.com/provision

More info:

http://www.mediabistro.com/mobileapp...bile_91932.asp

List of supported devices:

http://online.wsj.com/public/page/mobile_devices.html

(yes I know this was also posted on WM Experts, and the one comment was that the app was junk, but what can I say - I still want to give it a run).
    The page must check if you're on a supported device because even my browser on a pc throws up the following error. Sorry...

Sorry! Your device is currently not supported. You can find the list of supported devices here.
    Here you go...this is the Treo 700wx version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Doesn't work for me. Tried it installed on the card and in memory and after soft reset, it starts, then hangs on the "map" in the upper left hand corner.
    Well...it was worth a shot. Really the 700wx is as close as your going to get to the 800w, and even that would have resolution issues if it worked. Anything else is going to have resolution issues, too.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Well...it was worth a shot. Really the 700wx is as close as your going to get to the 800w, and even that would have resolution issues if it worked. Anything else is going to have resolution issues, too.
    As close? 700wx is a Windows Mobile 5 device where as the 800w is a 6.1 device. I'd venture to say anything, even the Mogul, would be closer.
    I suppose, although there aren't THAT many differences between the two operating systems, so most applications should work.

I didn't think about that, though, and it's a definite possibility. Try PMing someone you know has the Mogul, and getting them to get it.
    I have a Mogul. If no one else has tried I'll fire up my WiFi and try it tonight.
    This is the version downloaded with my Mogul. Hope it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    This is the version downloaded with my Mogul. Hope it works.
    File name is the same so it's probably the same program that was previously attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    File name is the same so it's probably the same program that was previously attached.
    The size however (KB) is a little different, there most be some difference, don't know what though.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  12.    #12  
    Didn't work for me, either, after all that. Same issue as stated above - hangs at the 'MAP' screen, trying to load, it would appear.

Oh well - sorry for the bother....