1.    #1  
    Walmart sells a car charger for the Moto Razor that works on the 800w. It's only $10.

Pick it up yesterday, works perfectly!!!!!!
    Cool! Pls post info (sku, product #, link, etc)
    kewl thanks man for the info
    Too bad i'm not keeping mine or i'd find that charger at Best Buy and get it for like $5. (that's called employee pricing)
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Cool! Pls post info (sku, product #, link, etc)
    It is the only DuraBrand micro USB car charger they have, the packages will have the connectors open to test with the phone, so should be very easy to find.

BigMots
  6. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I think the RAZR uses MiniUSB.

The RAZR2 uses MicroUSB, the same as the 800w.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I wish the WalMart DuraBrand charger had a longer cable but it's sufficient, I guess. Besides, we should be using hands free while in the car anyway whether it's by law or common sense. Sure can't beat the price!
    The Walmart car charger works fine but that short cord is really a downer. I've got a car mount that sticks to the window to hold the phone when using GPS. The tiny Walmart charger is not long enough to reach.
    Doesn't it hurt the battery to use a car charger? I've always heard that.

Quickstang, what are you trading it in for? And why are you leaving the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDeac View Post
    Doesn't it hurt the battery to use a car charger? I've always heard that.
    Eh?

I've always used car chargers with my phones and pdas and I've never had any battery issues above and beyond what is normal.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Well that's good to hear. I thought the alternating current of a car charger could fry a battery. Kinda like when more gas is sent to the engine the air conditioner blows harder.
    Here's a link to the first article I googled.

http://racoma.com.ph/archives/car-ch...r-mobile-phone
    Well that's good to hear. I thought the alternating current of a car charger could fry a battery. Kinda like when more gas is sent to the engine the air conditioner blows harder.
    As long as the charger, which is an adapter, is doing its job all should be fine.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    First off, a car is pure DC, direct curret. AC or alternating current would be your house (shore power).

Secondly, while it's true the voltage changes, it's usually only between 12 and 14 volts, well within standards. If you have voltage <12 or >14, then you have a serious issue with your vehicle.

Finally, the charger itself will correct most of the voltage issues. As it's dropping the voltage from 12-14 V to 5v, it will be able to cancel out any major issues.

The chances of you damaging a phone battery using a car charger is small. The biggest risk would be plugging in a car charger into a positive ground vehicle. The US (and most of the world) uses a negative ground, and nearly any charger you get will be designed for that. With a positive ground most chargers should do exactly nothing, but it's possible that it could reverse the power which could damage the battery. It's unlikely it'd do any other damage, other than needing a new battery.

Any charger that goes into the car is bad for the device battery. Why? Because the power is not regulated like in your home.
    100% pure bunk.

In many cases auto's are MORE regulated than shore power.

There's a reason why people use 110 and 120 interchangably when referring to shore power. Or 220/240.

The *ONLY* spike you will see is when starting, and even then the battery (assuming it's doing it's job) should absorb that.