1.    #1  
    It's here!

http://www.palm.com/us/

Edit: well, it's not available just yet, but the website is cool.

Official specs:
    Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional Edition
    Processor Qualcomm® MSM7201 400MHz
    Display 320x320 transflective color TFT flush touchscreen
    Radio HSDPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM radio
    Tri-band UMTS – 850MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz
    Quad-band GSM – 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
    Wi-Fi 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, and 801.1x authentication
    GPS Built-in GPS
    Bluetooth®
    Wireless Technology Version: 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate
    Memory 256MB (100MB user available), 128MB RAM
    Camera 2.0 megapixels with up to 8x digital zoom and video capture
    Battery Removable, rechargeable 1500mAh lithium-ion; Up to 5.0 hours talk time and up to 250 hours standby
    Expansion microSDHC cards (up to 32GB supported)1
    Connector MicroUSB™ 2.0 for synchronization and charging
    Audio 3.5mm stereo headset jack
    Dimensions Length: 4.49", Width: 2.36", Depth: 0.53", Weight: 4.69 oz
    Color Obsidian
    System Requirements Windows® XP, Windows Vista™

Software on device
    ActiveSync®; Adobe Reader LE; Bluetooth®; Bubble Breaker; Calculator; Calendar; Communications Manager; Contacts; File Explorer; Get WorldMate; GoogleMaps; Internet Explorer® Mobile; Messaging; Microsoft® Office Mobile including Excel® Mobile, OneNote Mobile, PowerPoint® Mobile, and Word Mobile; My Treo; Notes; Pics & Videos; QuickGPS; Quick Tour; SIM Manager; Solitaire; Sprite Backup; Streaming Media; Tasks; Telenav; Voice Command; Windows Live™; Windows Live™ Messenger; Windows Media® Player Mobile
    Mine keeps screwing up, but I clearly see a spinning Treo Pro before it craps out.

Even better - they list it on their website as Unlocked... No intro to Europe first!!!

Direct link: http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treopro/

Man, this thing is even sexier than the original leaked stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on one!!
    Last edited by phrogpilot73; 08/20/2008 at 08:10 AM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    I clicked on Buy, and it asked for my email addy. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Mine keeps screwing up, but I clearly see a spinning Treo Pro before it craps out.

Even better - they list it on their website as Unlocked... No intro to Europe first!!!

Direct link: http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treopro/

Man, this thing is even sexier than the original leaked stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on one!!
    Now the question is: Does Palm enabled the hardware graphics acceleration? Or do they go cheap like HTC?
    Didn't HTC design the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Didn't HTC design the Treo?
    No one knows officially.

It may be Compal, who Palm has reportedly placed an order of 5 million units. A lot of the time, Palm designs the device but outsources the actual production. Just like how Sony designed the Xperia but has HTC just making it. People often confuse "design" and "produce" when that line is not always clear.

Either way, I'm pretty positive that is has hardware graphic acceleration--I'm pretty sure all Palm WM devices do.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    From vnunet
    Available in the UK from September through Vodafone and O2.
    Yes, It'll be in the UK soon. Result!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No one knows officially.

It may be Compal, who Palm has reportedly placed an order of 5 million units. A lot of the time, Palm designs the device but outsources the actual production. Just like how Sony designed the Xperia but has HTC just making it. People often confuse "design" and "produce" when that line is not always clear.

Either way, I'm pretty positive that is has hardware graphic acceleration--I'm pretty sure all Palm WM devices do.
    Doesn't Palm design and then HTC/Inventec etc. actually manufactures them?
    That device looks great - what a shame the 800W does not look like that. Makes me almost think about switching carriers.
  10.    #10  
    I typed in my email address on the website under the "buy/Let me know when available" section this morning. I got all excited this afternoon when I saw an email from Palm! Turned out it was just a bunch of links pointing me to the same website. Very sneaky, Palm.
    I signed up on the notification list anyway since I heard they're selling it unlocked. Although it could be $700 unlocked.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sorry if this does not belong here but this seemed okay to me.

I checked out the specs on Palm's site and then did a compare to a few phones and noticed the following:

Treo Pro/850
    256MB(100 MB user accessible)

Processor: 400MHz Qualcomm® MSM7201

Treo 800w
    256MB (160 MB user accessible)

Proecessor: 333MHz TI 312MHz Intel® 300MHz Samsung

Does anyone think this is accurate--especially the user accessible? Why would the 800W have nearly 60 more MB user accessible?

Also, I wonder why the processor change on these two devices. Clearly 400 Mhz has to be better but why did they not opt for that on the 800w?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Sorry if this does not belong here but this seemed okay to me.

I checked out the specs on Palm's site and then did a compare to a few phones and noticed the following:

Treo Pro/850
    256MB(100 MB user accessible)

Processor: 400MHz Qualcomm® MSM7201

Treo 800w
    256MB (160 MB user accessible)

Proecessor: 333MHz TI 312MHz Intel® 300MHz Samsung

Does anyone think this is accurate--especially the user accessible? Why would the 800W have nearly 60 more MB user accessible?

Also, I wonder why the processor change on these two devices. Clearly 400 Mhz has to be better but why did they not opt for that on the 800w?
    I'd guess its because the Pro seems to have quite a few more programs built in than the 800w.