1.    #1  
    okay, I got myself a 4 GB micro sd card. But how do I move application that I installed to the storage?

In POS I just click and hold and select move to "card" how do I accomplish this in WM? Can I for example, move "My Document", Music folder ... anything that doesn't need direct access to build-in space? or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the application again?

if you have a good link/resource about how to organize storage usage in WM please share.

Of course after I learn how to use the storage I'll have to move about 2 GB music/podcast/audio book over!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    In WM you remove the program and reinstall it to your storage card. It's just another of those things that takes more steps on WM.

Music and text files you can drag and drop.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Music and text files you can drag and drop.
    drag and drop in WM or desktop? what about My Document and Music folder, I would like those two folder to be in storage and still ActiveSyn to my desktop, do I just do the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    okay, I got myself a 4 GB micro sd card. But how do I move application that I installed to the storage?
    Why would you want to do this? If something happens and you have to hard reset your phone. you still have to reinstall all your applications anyway. There is tons of space on the phone itself and applications running on the phone go faster anyway.

I can understand keeping TomTom stuff on the storage card since that takes up, what, 4GB? But anything else I don't see why anyone would move to the storage card (unless you have a ton of large, graphical games).
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    drag and drop in WM or desktop? what about My Document and Music folder, I would like those two folder to be in storage and still ActiveSyn to my desktop, do I just do the same?
    If you want to move music from your phone's memory to storage you can drag and drop from WM or from your Desktop as long as you're actually moving the data from the phone's storage to the card.

ActiveSync will not sync anything on the storage card though.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I don't see why anyone would move to the storage card (unless you have a ton of large, graphical games).
    I agree with you, Treo 800w has enough phone memory I don't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    If you want to move music from your phone's memory to storage you can drag and drop from WM or from your Desktop as long as you're actually moving the data from the phone's storage to the card.

ActiveSync will not sync anything on the storage card though.

I currently using Windows Media 11 running XP, WM11 it does allow you to sync with storage card. I think as long as I the folder is "shared". I still not sure of all the features. not a big fan of WM11 but since I can't use iTunes I guess this will do for now.
    I don't believe there's any way to make your official 'my documents' folder on the memory card..just like in Windows XP or Vista, you can't have the My Documents folder in anything but the default directory. You can just name a folder on the card "My Documents" and put a shortcut on the start menu, or do other work arounds.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I don't believe there's any way to make your official 'my documents' folder on the memory card..
    Actually, I believe there is a registry tweak that allows you to.
    I don't believe there's any way to make your official 'my documents' folder on the memory card..just like in Windows XP or Vista, you can't have the My Documents folder in anything but the default directory. You can just name a folder on the card "My Documents" and put a shortcut on the start menu, or do other work arounds.
    You can in regular Windows - My Documents are on my D drive on my backup laptop. I bet there's a way to do it on the Treo.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    You can in regular Windows - My Documents are on my D drive on my backup laptop. I bet there's a way to do it on the Treo.
    I think there are software that will make Treo a mass storage device and I can just do a XCOPY command whatever folder I want over but this approach only works one way doesn't sync. I guess for Music it'll be okay.
    I don't believe there's any way to make your official 'my documents' folder on the memory card..just like in Windows XP or Vista, you can't have the My Documents folder in anything but the default directory.
    I have mine somewhere other than the default directory.

Go to Windows Explorer --> Documents --> Right click --> Properties --> Location Tab --> Change it.