1.    #1  
    I hate the fact that the 800w vibrates only ONE time with the ringer on...does anyone know how to make it vibrate as long as the phone is still ringing like the 700w???
    I have heard this several times now and noticed it as well. This is not the default behavior. If you doubt me, back up with sprite, hard reset and call your self when the phone is on vibrate, it will vibrate several times.

I just hard reset my device and will start installing apps one at a time to try to pinpoint the culprit (its not treoalert as i originally thought). I've also noticed a considerably better call quality after a reset, so i have a very good reason to believe that something is really messing with the treo.
    Last edited by makrotonik; 08/20/2008 at 12:24 PM.
  3.    #3  
    it's not an app problem, at least not third party apps....my buddy just got his 800w, and the first thing I tested on his phone is the vibrate/ringer on, and, like mine, his rings but vibrates only once...

the 800w does continuously vibrate if the ringer switch is OFF..
    ahh..i see i misread your original post. Try treo alert pro then, its a wonderful app for configuring alerts and notifications
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    it's not an app problem, at least not third party apps....my buddy just got his 800w, and the first thing I tested on his phone is the vibrate/ringer on, and, like mine, his rings but vibrates only once...

the 800w does continuously vibrate if the ringer switch is OFF..
    Mine vibrates 1 time and 1 time only. This is with the ringer switch off or on. I have the notification set to vibrate with the switch on or off. Becasue the ring volume is fairly low, I need it to vibrate each time in case I don't hear it. However, 1 vibrating cycle is not enough...so what's the fix?

Cosmo
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    ahh..i see i misread your original post. Try treo alert pro then, its a wonderful app for configuring alerts and notifications
    You still don't get it. Try reading post #1 again.
    So I have to do a hard reset in order to correct this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    You still don't get it. Try reading post #1 again.
    Looks like he gets it. Treo Alert makes it vibrate as long as the phone is ringing. That is what the OP asked.

You don't need to chime in on most 800w threads just to make a negative comment.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by emd2009 View Post
    So I have to do a hard reset in order to correct this issue?
    No, install Treo Alert. It will solve the scenario.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167288
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    No, install Treo Alert. It will solve the scenario.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167288
    And then what? Sorry I downloaded it and it seemed like a lot going on, how do i set it to keep vibrating as long as the ringer for SMS and calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by emd2009 View Post
    And then what? Sorry I downloaded it and it seemed like a lot going on, how do i set it to keep vibrating as long as the ringer for SMS and calls?
    After launching the app, go to:

1. Configuration
    2.Press OK
    3. Alerts Configuration
    4. Vibe when Ringer on: select Yes (press the center button to make the change)
    5. Vibe when Ringer off: select Yes
    6. Go to 'Set Vibe Alert Styles' (just above the previous two settings
    7. Scroll down to 'Phone Ringing' and press the center button to select the style. I chose custom but did not make any changes to the custom setting.
    8. When you make your selection, the next screen gives you the option of Test. Press this to see how the vibe works.
    9. Once done, select Accept
    10. The scroll down to Exit.

There numerous other settings. This is just to get the phone vibrating on calls.