1.    #1  
    So recently I've been pondering the different approaches to "properly" caring for the device in terms of aesthetic maintenance.

What do you guys recommend using to clean the screen and possibly the exterior of the phone itself? I've used a bit of 70% isopropanol alcohol to clean my centro screen before and it worked remarkably well. I'm probably going to do the same for my 800w, although I'm curious to know what alternative methods some of you employ for this task.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had googled this once before and consensus is:

Anything petroleum based will start to dissolve the plastic on the screen, this includes things such as acetone and turps. Alcohol based products may start to dehydrate and slightly damage the glare coating but that is all.
    I'm paranoid enough not to use any solvent type cleaners on my gadgets. Usually a vigorous buffing with a lint free cloth is enough. Otherwise diluted rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth should do.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah the only problem with not using any sort of solvent is that you don't get rid of fingerprint oils and things using just a lint cloth (I've tried, I get nice oil smears on my screen).

Thanks for the info though. It would assume diluted alcohol is probably the best approach. Most LCD cleaners are a 50% solution of isopropyl alcohol and water anyways.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I use windex to clean my screen and the keypad and everything around it.
    Windex is bad for lcd screens.
    Although I have screen protectors, I've used Lysoll disinfectant spray (I'm sort of a germaphobe) . I've done it with my 700wx allot and recently doing it on my 800w. I have insurance on my phone and I always have a new phone each year, so if does ruin it, then I'm covered.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why is Windex bad for lcd screens?

Its that blue ammonia water.
    It's the ammonia that's bad for it. It will degrade parts of the screen.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I see. I didnt even know this. I use this to wipe my laptop screen too.

But after each wash, I wipe it off with water on napkins.

It seem like nothing can get rid of fingerprints other than blue water.
    I use a wipey on all my phones. They are those disposable antibacterial wipes. Then I use the cloth for my sunglasses to dry.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Those antibacterial wipes can cut fingerprint grease? I guess I will try those this week. Thanks.